Reparations

Chapter 75

Diana: Now now, don't be pessimistic. You brought this down upon yourself. If you hadn't ordered your son to go to Carne, then he wouldn't have declared the villagers rebels without even talking to them.

Ramposa III: He did that...? My son...?

Diana: What did you think he'll do? Go there, check, and come back? No, what he had planned was much worse. He planned to hold the villagers as hostage against us and ordered his troops to attack the village.

Ramposa III: I...I don't believe you.

Me: That can be easily solved.

Without waiting for his reply, I grabbed his head and transferred what I saw through the Crystal Mirror...a magical spying device really. Through some manipulation, I made sure he didn't doubt that I had shown him an illusion or anything,

Ramposa III: I see...I understand, but I cannot forgive you. I understand why you had to take action, but as a father I cannot forgive you.

Me: I don't care.

Behind him, Gazef, Brain, and his other retainers looked shocked at my reply. But it was the truth, I didn't give one shit about whether I was forgiven for ordering the death of a asshole or not. Royal blood or not, the Kingdom was no more anyway.

Me: More importantly, we need to discuss about the Kingdom's future, or rather the lack thereof.

The grimaced, as if I was rubbing salt into their wounds, but this too I did not care about. If they did care, then they should have brought better deals to the table before we declared war.

Me: All of your citizens will be granted citizenship. Nobility will be abolished. Any signs of slavery both by law or economic contracts will be made null and the organizations that made them will be hunted down. There's a long list of everything we'll do but for now I think that's it. Also, its good to see you again Gazef. I did tell you before, didn't I?

Gazef: Indeed you did Kara-sama. Did you perhaps expect this to happen?

Me: Of course, this was the way it was supposed to go. Only a great stroke of luck including a certain legendary Undead would have been able to make it go otherwise.

Gazef: Excuse me?

Me: Nevermind. You won't understand it for at least a couple years. Now, Raeven, thanks for doing your part.

The look on the marquis's face looked as if he had been stunned by a taser as he looked at me in shock.

Me: There's no need to hide anymore Raeven. The war is over and the Kingdom is ours one way or another. You've fulfilled your part as well, and thus I will do my part.

Ramposa III: Raeven! What is the meaning of this!

Me: Go ahead, you can tell him.

Raeven: I...I was approached by one of Kara-sama's retainers right after our meeting at the palace after we had concluded our meeting regarding their demands. They offered me a deal I couldn't refuse...

He lowered his head in shame as the King and the others looked at him in disgust.

Me: There's no reason for why you need be shamed Marquis. After all, you had a reason, didn't you? Tell them.

Raeven: I swear, you Majesty, that I care nothing more than the Kingdom. All my life I had worked towards making the Kingdom greater...but this time there was just no way for us to win. Especially not after looking at what they had.