Threats and Regrets

Chapter 45

POV Pe Riyuro, Quagoa Clan Lord.

The war with the Dwarves were over. They were idiots to think they can compete with us, the natural predator of the underground, to begin with. We teared apart their golems and ate them. Every time we ate an armored dwarf, we got stronger.

They had surrounded their cities and holed into their last stronghold. If it just wasn't for that void, we would have killed all dwarves by now. The only real long term problem were those damn frost dragons.

What could we do about them? Nothing. 80,000 Quagoa, the strongest we've ever been and we can't kill a single Dragon Lord. I pray that he will leave us alone as long as we give him his gold and peace.

Though, I knew it to be nothing but a wishful thinking. That greedy lazy bastard would always order us to get more. He saw us as nothing more than minions and an emergency food supply. Once our use is done, I'm sure he would kill us as to not disturb him any longer.

Clan Leader: Clan Lord! We have intruders! We think it's the dwarves! But...they're unnaturally tall.

Me: Are they also unnaturally thin? Do they not have a beard like dwarves do?

Clan Leader: Yes...are they not weird dwarves?

Me: No, they are human...or elves. Possibly vampires but I doubt it. What would they want here though?

*knock* *knock*

Clan Leader 2: We have met with the weird dwarves who stated they are not affiliated with them. They are requesting a meeting with you. Do you think it's a trap?

Me: No. Humans and dwarves are not on the best of terms. Let them in, let's hear what they want.

Most of the time humans were out to get gold. If we can just set up a trade with the outside world, then perhaps we'll be able to get our hands on some more rare metals.

Brown: Hi, I'm Brown and this is Dracule Mihawk. As you probably guessed, we're from the outside world.

As expected. I don't know much about humans since their faces all look the same to me but the guy with the sword looks much scarier...or pissed than the other one.

Brown: We're here to offer you a deal. Honestly, it's more like a threat but we have our orders as well. Could you please at least listen to it?

Who did they think they are to make demands? Do they not realize where they are? They are in the middle of the fucking Quagoa Union! The collection of all the Tribes into the strongest the Quagoa kind has ever been!

But...I learned it from my days with Jircniv. It is unwise to assume something without hearing them out first. Let's see what they bring to the table before I lose my shit over them.

Me: Fine, but be careful with your words. They may be your last.

Brown: I doubt it, but I understand your view. The young are so arrogant and confident in their strengths sometimes...they have no idea of what true power means.

This is sounding more like an old man ramble...what does he want to say? This was ridiculous.

Me: Get to the point.

Brown: We have orders from above. You are to retreat from all the Dwarven cities you have taken and return them. That includes this one as well by the way. You are then to cut off any ties with the White Dragon Lord. Finally, total subordination to us, Society.

...Are they shitting me?

Brown: I know this sounds ridiculous but listen to me. If you don't comply, then we will be forced to cull your numbers to 20,000. That's only a quarter of your numbers.

Me: Are you fucking with me right now?

Brown: Look, we're not stupid. We're not some average people that walks in here and demands the absolute surrender of an entire species with nothing to back it up! We're saying this because we have the power to do so! Please listen to me, I am begging you.

Me: Pathetic. You come here demanding our surrender and you beg for it? Your words and actions don't match.

Brown: The choice you make today will save or kill the lives of 60,000 of your people. Once you make it, it is done. Orders are orders, we were only given one chance to make you comply. Let the clan leaders here to the witness that we gave you your chance. So please take it! If you don't...you are walking straight to your demise.

The look on his face...could it be real? No, it was ridiculous! Not even the White Dragon Lord could wipe out so many. Sure he could threaten us, but we would have run away by the time he would do so. Besides, doing such a thing would injure him gravely as well. And what were these fools claiming?

Clan Leader: THIS IS RIDICULOUS! YOU COME IN HERE AND DEMAND OUR SURRENDER?

Clan Leader 2: I SAY WE KILL THEM HERE AND NOW!

Clan Leader 3: Don't accept it Clan Lord! These are fools! frauds! They obviously hold no such power!

But the eyes of the man in front of me...it wasn't one of fear or a their but rather one of loss...the sadness of what was going to come. Could it truly be real?

I didn't get the chance, the Clan Leader lunged at Brown.

*slice* ... *thud*

Me: huh?

Clan Leaders: uhh?

A decapitated head rolled on the ground and stopped at my feet.

Brown: *sigh* I truly hoped this would work but I guess it is time to walk with our swords. We will attack in 30 minutes. That is our gift for agreeing to talk with us. If I were you, I would choose out your 20,000. Your people to continue on your race.

Me: No! Wait!

I could sense it. Just as he stood up an aura that surpassed a Dragon Lord. Something I haven't felt since...never.

*shudder*

Me: We accept! We accept the terms for surrender! Please spare our people!!

As they were walking out, Brown didn't look back. But for the first time, the other guy turned around and faced me.

Mihawk: I thought he told you Clan Lord. Orders are orders. You had one chance and your subordinate blew it.

No...is this really going to be how our golden age is going to end? Because of a stupid action of my own subordinate?!

Clan Leader: Clan Lord...what should we do?

Me: ...pick out 20,000 of our people. Send our bravest to fight and the rest to run...

Just as a said that, the entire world tilted as I felt the world change.

It turned into a wide and open platform, at least a dozen kilometers wide in each direction.

Me: Where are we?

I looked around and lost the little hope I had. Our entire people were trapped in here with...

Me: So you weren't kidding Brown. You had your methods.