Possibilities

Chapter 59

POV Arche

Me: Please! Let me in!

Guard: I know you used to be a student here but you aren't anymore. I can't let an outsider go into the Academy

Me: I need to meet Master Fluder immediately! Please!

Guard: I said you can't! Didn't I?

Me: I'll push in with force if I have to! It's that urgent!

I tried to threaten them with my magic. After all, they knew who I was. As a third tier magician, I was way above most humans in magic. Yet, this was the guards of the Imperial Academy. There was no way they'd let a former student do something like this. Moreover, this was close combat. Mages were weak and vulnerable in close combat.

Then, an unexpected savior came, the person who I was looking for.

Fluder: Arche, what a pleasant surprise.

Me: Master Fluder! Please...please help me!

Fluder: Guards, let her through. I know her good enough that she won't act like this without reason.

Guards: Ahh...oh course Fluder-sama

They bowed. Of course they would; this was Fluder, the best Wizard of mankind. Hope of all magicians. Of course now he might not have the impact he used to with the Arcanian Empire taking over everything...with their rulers still completely hidden as well. Fluder will remain Fluder.

We walked up to his private office in silence. When he closed the door and offered I sit, I began my story.

It was almost like a scene in a nightmare until I found the note someone left for me. My father dead, mother out, and my little sister...god...they were gone. Of course, I didn't give a shit about my father but if my beloved little sisters were harmed in any way...I would kill them. No matter who they are.

Me: So the letter told me to find you. It told me you would understand.

Fluder: Child, I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about. I don't know why anyone would do that to your family.

His face and expression told me he really did not know. But how could this be? No...wait, I didn't tell the 'word' yet.

Me: It told me you would understand this word. 'Alexandria'

The look on his face changed from shock, surprise, to a very confused face. One in which he knew what it was but rather a question of how I know.

Fluder: That would explain the way they died but why...would

He didn't finish his sentence and looked at me. He didn't need to. I understood.

Why would someone like that approach me?

Me: Master...I must know! I need to know where my little sisters are, please!

But it didn't work. He was lost in thought.

Fluder: Do you have a hidden talent? Perhaps something of worth to them? Tell me and I will ask for permission.

Permission? The Tri-Arts Fluder, the very same Fluder, needs to ask Permission? Who was this, to make someone like that, have to ask permission.

Me: I don't know! Take to me them!

Fluder: Silence! This is not a matter I can decide alone! You cannot simple walk into the realm of gods without permission! Why do you think the Empire was almost erased off the map?