The Denizens of Nazarick (Demiurge)

Chapter 29.2

POV Demiurge

White Sovereign: Demiurge, Demiurge, Demiurge... the sharpest mind of Nazarick. The smartest of all denizens and Ulbert's image of perfection.

The new Supreme Being praised me as she walked around my place.

White Sovereign: Ulbert really did create you into the manifestation of evil...but wouldn't that conflict with Momonga's plan?

What did I just hear?

White Sovereign: Oh, sorry. You wouldn't know. I know you wouldn't tell anyone so I'll explain. The World Tree is going to die, with everyone inside it.

What! This was not an event I had fore-saw. Of course I heard the Supreme Beings worrying about the end of something but who would have guessed that the worlds would collapse...no, that it was even possible?

White Sovereign: That's where I come in, you see? The World Tree is a creation of my father and I had inherited his power to a bit. Once the Tree is dead, I will become the next giver of life. All of you will come with me to a new world. A safe world which is nothing like this one where it is enveloped in constant war.

Ah, is that why she had joined Nazarick? Why they had granted her a spot among the Supreme Beings? Such a worthy background and power does explain their actions of accepting a Supreme Being after so long.

White Sovereign: But you see, Ainz isn't like Ulbert or Luci*Fer or any of the Original Nine. Of course he doesn't mind killing but in the New World, he's going to have to rule the place, or I will. But here's the thing, throughout history, the nations that have prospered for the longest were those that had kept the people happy.

I think I am beginning to understand the plans Momonga-sama had for this world.

White Sovereign: He's going to need you. I'm going to need you but your demonic thoughts will distract you from time to time and even possibly his plan. I will have to take necessary actions...either then or right now.

Then she pulled out the Staff of Ainz Ool Gown...if she has this, then that means she has the permission from all of Nazarick. Including Momonga and Ulbert-sama.

Yes, she is worth trusting. She is a Supreme beings after all.

White Sovereign: With a new world, we need a new Demiurge. One that can function better. From the perfect evil to the perfect guardian of Nazarick. I do not want to proceed without your permission Demiurge. Will you allow me to make the change?

Of course White Sovereign-sama.

When she used the staff, everything became clear as I saw the world unbiased and for what it truly is. My hate for humans did not disappear but rather I saw them as useful tools instead.

Ever since that day, I had unwavering respect towards White Sovereign-sama...even more than Momonga-sama and might be a little more than Ulbert-sama. Could it be because she is my new creator in a way?

She told me that she will meet us in the New World no matter how long it takes. I will meet her there.