Negotiations

Chapter 73

POV Ramposa III, on the battlefield

Me: Impossible....

What I said was not for my own Kingdom's forces but rather the enemy's. That was not to say the Kingdom's was not impressive, not at all. In all of history, the Kingdom has never once gathered so much men for one fight. 300,000 men, or rather 295,000 men were standing at their ready with their long spears and armor.

Each of the spears gleaming with the 'Dressrosa' emblem, still a mystery as to who or what it was but it was undeniably better than anything the Kingdom has used before. The front line had created a spear wall to prevent any charges from the Empire. The reason they were not using an actual Cavalry defense was because it would use up too much wood. This war had already drained the Kingdom of unbelievable amounts of money, food, and other resources. In some ways, they would have to step back and save a little for when people were back home.

A few days ago, the Kingdom was feeling quite confident. Not in their ability to win or conquer the Empire, but to rather persevere and protect E-Rantel. After all, the only way the Empire would be able to take over E-Rantel would be through an overwhelming victory that was unheard of.

The triple walls of E-Rantel gave it's worthy name as a 'Fortress City'. The people living inside those walls were people of the Kingdom to the core. If the Empire had perhaps won a war by a narrow margin, then the citizens inside the city would rebel, giving the Kingdom a chance to quickly recapture the city. Only if the Empire had a crushing victory over the Kingdom, enough to which it would ripple throughout the world, would the citizens of E-Rantel be too afraid to rebel against their new rulers.

Next, the Baharuth's Legions (or Knights) were still employed throughout the new Arcanian Empire. The training, time, resources that went into creating each Knight was exponentially higher than that of a peasant who was made to hold a cheaply manufactured spear. The Kingdom, who obviously thought they had an overwhelming numerical advantage, would not care if some lives were lost. On the other hand, the Empire would feel a loss for every Knight that fell in this war. This was why the Kingdom was confident in their ability to defend the city....up until now.

Soldier: This is a dream right? There's no way this can be true...

Count: This must be an illusion! Tell the Magic Casters to dispel it now!

Knight: Sir! The Magic Casters have informed that they sense no illusion...what we are seeing now it the truth!

Nobles: Impossible!

Soldiers cowered and shivered as they witnesses a scene out of a nightmare. In front of them was a massive metal fortress. One in which that glowed in the sun, high and mighty...unyielding.

The fortress was grander than that at E-Rantel. A much more modern design, or at least one that felt more practical and effective in a place like this. What was more surreal was that we were sure that this wall was not here a week ago. It was not here a day ago either. If anything...it was created this morning, suddenly with a flash of light. With that, the Empire now had a solid foothold in the Katze Plains, even if we do manage to repel them from E-Rantel, they would have no reason to retreat back to their lands with a fortress or Stronghold that secure.

Another factor was the soldiers manning the Fortress. We saw the 6 Legions of the Empire. Donning their new armor with pride and standing at their ready, staring directly at us. Then, there were elves lined up all spread out upon the walls with their glowing bows, a sign that they were enchanted. While visibility was low, it was obvious that they had brought a massive army, one that matched our numbers. With Dwarves, Dragons, Giants, Angels? and other unexplainable creatures all lined up together with each other. Creatures that Adventurers were paid to kill were standing next to each other, side by side as comrades in arms. It was a surreal sight.