5 Elder Stars

Chapter 100

"Turn back, I forgot my phone"

White Sovereign, during the first Space Exploration Program outside the Solar System

Remedios: Why are we meeting the Elders? As ambassadors I demand to meet the Emperors! I demand it!

Our butler, Sengoku, stayed silent as he motioned for us to follow him. While he did not say anything, it was clear that he did not appreciate Remedios's comment. Walking through the grand manor once again, we arrived in front of a massive door.

?: Come in.

As Sengoku opened the door, the scene that awaited me was something I did not expect. I thought the audience hall would be the throne room or a conference room. What I saw instead was a wide open area with simple a few couches in the center. A group of men, 5 to be exact, of different shapes and sizes were sitting and lounging; a stack of paperwork piled high on the small table between the sofas.

The shortest (and buffest) man with probably the strangest mustache (in which I would later know as the 'Monopoly Mustache) motioned for us to come in.

1: As the first Elder, I should be the one to welcome you...but you are not. You are not fit to discuss the politics of this world I'm afraid.

The short man narrowed his eyes at Remedios-sama. Cutting her off as unworthy before she even began. Did we really have no chance here?

Remedios: Wait a minu—

1: No words can fool my color of observation girl. I can see it! Your greed and blindness, your own justice tainted by the words of the church. You hold the title of a Paladin but all I see is a bloody sword. You swing it without question, not caring for the consequences the blood you spill bring about. A sword which has no will has no place in the discussion of the Politics of the World. Leave now.

I guess that was it. It was final...did we come all the way here for nothing after all? Remedios-sama began to argue but the guard quickly drew their swords as well. Getting the message, we began to head right back out the door.

1: I told the girl in the front the leave, not you all. You.

He pointed at me. Why? Did I interest him in some way?

1: You may stay.

I looked behind me to see the others but they were already dragged out of the room with the door closing behind them.

*sigh* Great. Now it looks like I am locked in here with then, representing the Holy Kingdom. Honestly, I was the worst choice for this...I was a damn squire! The Queen wouldn't have chosen me. The King only sent me the carry the luggage. Heck, even I wouldn't choose me to represent even myself. What did the elders even see in me to represent the Holy Kingdom?

1: Give me your name.

Me: Neia...Neia Baraja my Lord.

Was it so they can have an easy opponent? I was sure they could humiliate me easily...after all I never had a way with words. Unlike my father, I was no commander. My only talent with the bow was seen as a coward's weapon. Obviously these wise elders would have seen right through that and have chosen me for it.

1: Good, now let us discuss, for that is why you came here, correct? Also, I am not your Lord. I lead the Arcanian Empire and not the Holy Kingdom. While the five of us are the highest authority of the world save the Supreme Beings, we are not your lord...yet.

Me: Yes sir.

The feeling of fear in which I had since entering the room disappeared. The look they gave Remedios was gone and replaced with a warmer tone. One in which was...kinder than before.