Alliance Forged

Chapter 17

Before forging an alliance, we needed to do something in secret. Something ridiculously broken but also something necessary for us; at this point in time, we had our hands on a couple of the 'Twenty', but honestly we were too scared to use them except for Ouroboros. Since they would disappear when we use them... it seemed like a waste and what if one of them comes back to us, but against us?

We came up with a plan that would surely get reported as breaking the game balance, but honestly we didn't care. It was fundamentally broken regarding the game but we would just have to break it even more.

Dad always left for work right after lunch and mother usually took a nap during that time so hat leave a window of around 2 hours for us to mess around on his computer. But today, we weren't going to locate World Items or anything. We were just going to change our very character itself.

Something like changing a class or race would be too obvious so we couldn't do that...but we can easily hide a glitch we've already prepared. Using his authority, we managed to find our character description as well as our race. Regarding 'War Goddess' and 'World Dragon (or Nidhogg). Let's just say we added a small glitch that any of the twenty we activate will reappear in our inventory along with any consumables.

We didn't rely on an item for something this overpowered. If we go around carrying something like that, people would quickly realize.

While we were on here, we decided to completely break the character itself. Let's see...upon death set item drop to the lowest quality...no exp loss...and a few more miscellaneous things.

Hey, if you have an opportunity, then take it! This was in our power and for us, the New World was more important than our integrity. Freedom forever was more important than honesty. We just had our values straight on what is more important to us.

We surfed through the game development and plans for a couple more minutes, finding out a world threat event of 'Ragnarok' was coming...man! We definitely needed to participate in this. There was at least 4 World Items involved with this massive one of a kind event...I guess it does make sense though. Shame that it wasn't going to come out until at least a couple years later since it was a 'World Ending Event' after all. Would be strange to put it in while the game is still alive and kicking. This would be something like a CPR operation.

Normally in this day and age, a game that has aged 3 years would be considered old...but not Yggdrasil. The technology that allowed users to move so accurately, load so much data continuously and at once was unique to Soba games. While dad's company was preparing to launch a new game, other companies simply could not replicate the experience offered by Yggdrasil...mainly due to our technological advancements and some specific lines of code we made sure nobody would find. Due to this, Yggdrasil was still a massive hit with continuous updates making the game develop.

Me: So do we contact Ainz Ool Gown now?

Diana: Do you have any of their character numbers to directly call them on?

Me: umm...no, you don't either right?

Diana: Umm...no.

Me: *sigh* I guess we're going to Helheim. Let me prepare a few things in advance.

If we were going to enter the mouth of a lion, we better make it known that we were holding a vial of poison. From my inventory, I prepared everything I would need...including a very specific Ahura Mazda. I'm sure Sis packed 'World Savior' as well. With our new abilities to not lose these items, we would be hoarding them now...even more than before.

Me: I'm ready sis, whenever you are.

Diana: *Gate*

As a black portal opened up, we walked through it into the World of Helheim.