Bloodline of the Gods

Chapter 50

POV Zesshi, Crescent Lake

Me: Elves of the Elven Kingdom! I am Zesshi Zetsumi! I am here to claim my birthright as Ruler of the Elves. I have the power and the will...I will slit the throat of my greedy father!!!

Elves: Yeahhh!!!

Me: March! March to the West! We shall bring down our father and burn the Slane Theocracy!!

Thousands of Elves marched as their morale has hit their top. A new era was coming. One that would be on their side.

POV Jircniv

As the ambassadors from Vanir left, I was left speechless.

How...how did they know? What were they thinking? I couldn't get a reading at all. Just when I was about to collapse, the person I needed most at the time entered.

Me: Fluder-dono, I need your help.

Fluder: And what might that be Jircniv boy?

Me: Just what...did I bring upon the empire?

What if they were just normal ambassadors...no!! I cannot think about that. If they were simple ambassadors and not even actual fighters then...then we were truly done for.

Fluder: Catastrophe, Jircniv Boy. We have brought upon a true catastrophe upon the Empire. One in which even I know I am outmatched.

Me: Even you?

Fluder: Didn't you see what that man did? All he did was spread his hands and everyone was dead. Now he has the entirety of the Imperial Capital locked away!

Yes, that reminded me. What he did at the end was still a mystery.

*stands* I stood up and made myself over to the balcony to see...as he said, a birdcage.

Me: It truly is a birdcage, but isn't this just string?

Fluder: I sense power beyond anything in those strings boy. I bet it is harder than Adamantium. Nobody, not even my magic or adamantium blades have managed to cut a single strand of the cage.

Me: How ironic...he really did trap us like a bird in a cage. Say Fluder-dono, will this really be the end of the Empire? Will it end because I have stepped on the tail of a Dragon?

Fluder: I am afraid to say, but the envoys said ruler(s), didn't they? I fear to say that you may not have just stepped on one dragon.

I slouched back onto the sofa in grief.

Me: Why...why did I risk such a thing?! If I had knew that such a monster was living inside of it, I would have never sent anyone there to explore!

As I waited around, I remembered how they treated me.

Me: Fluder-dono...they treated me like an insect. Their words and actions might not have shown but their eyes looked as if they were looking at a pitiful insect! How could this be? I am the Emperor of the Baharuth Empire!

Fluder: Enough. Crying and complaining will not accomplish anything.

I knew that more than anyone, but how do you face a problem when you are so much at a disadvantage? How was I even supposed to even hope to win this war?

Me: You saw what they are capable of Fluder-dono. How are we supposed to win?

Fluder: I don't know...all I know is that we are sure to lose if we do not do anything. They have given us time to respond. If we waste it, there won't be an empire to be emperor anymore.