Enter, the White Sovereign

Chapter 4

Many months of advertising, marketing, and hyping the world up for probably the biggest leap in game technology...Yggdrasil was finally released to the public. On the opening day, sis and I joined the game to begin our climb to power...fast.

When I was greeted by a character creation page, I chose my Username before anyone else too it.

Me: White Sovereign

System: Confirming Username "White Sovereign"

Me: Confirm

The screen moved to a character customization page where I chose 'Heteromorph'. Obviously; there might be initial disadvantages against heteromorphs but that was because they were powerful to become a real threat.

I then scrolled down to choose the basic 'angel'. Of course, I didn't plan to stay an 'angel' in game long but this was one of the two hidden paths for something...more. After hurriedly hitting Swordsman as my first job class, I completed the character scan as myself with some white wings and went into the login screen.

While waiting for the character to load, I was seemingly alone in a completely empty white vast space...where I knew something to be.

I ran past the system loading screen and ran, ran, and ran. I ran past nothing but white but I continued to run until...

*ding*

System: Congratulations. You have found 'World Item' Ouroboros.

We knew the devs hid it here. Sneaky people you...of course, who would even thinking of running into nothingness? Only the craziest or the mindless people would do such a thing without knowing that this item was there. Well, at least I go it before anyone else did...

That must have been it since the surroundings around me changed into a typical fantasy medieval style village in Midgard. If I knew sis's character, and I do, she would have been spawned in a different world. I would need to level up as fast as possible and meet her soon.

For the first time, I chose to remove the limiter that was on me...and I felt alive. I could breathe the fresh air of Midgard, I could feel my hands and smell the autumn breeze. I looked into my inventory to find the normal newbie starter pack, a wooden sword (that came along with my job class), and Ouroboros.

I grabbed the wooden sword out of my inventory and searched for the nearest exit of the village. I knew exactly where to hunt to farm the most experience.