Toxicity (Jason)

I do have to say that if you are in a relationship with a lot of arguments, then walk away before the fighting starts and talk calmly about the topic when you've let emotions settle. If you are in a toxic/abusive relationship, get out of it.   If you question your relationship, talk to someone. Message me if you don't want to talk to anyone you know about it. I've been through a abusive relationship, so I'd be happy to help you if you think yours is. You should never feel alone.

Watching Jason get dressed to head out on patrol has me regretting our latest argument. I can't stand the idea of him going out thinking I'm still upset, especially over something as stupid as some broken dishes. So I walk over and wrap my arms around him from behind, "Want me to get something to eat for when you get back?"

"You are not going out at night. You know the rules." He says firm.

"I was gonna order delivery... You know I'd never go out at night." I comment absently.

He sighs and turns in my arms, pulling me to his chest, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap like that. We just got news that there was a breakout of Arkham."

I nod, "I'm sorry I upset you this morning... I didn't mean to wake you up and worry you..."

He puts a hand on my cheek, smiling at me softly, "And I shouldn't have snapped that hard at you. I was tiredand freaked out."

"Wish you could stay in tonight... I hate when you go out all angry..." I say softly.

He leans down and pecks my lips, "I'm happy now that I have my good luck kiss. Go order what you want to eat and have something in the fridge for me. Ok?"

I giggle soft and nod, "Burgers sound good?"

He nods, pulling away, and pulling on his coat and utility belt.

I go and sit down, using my phone to order delivery from the local diner we love.

After that, I start cleaning up the apartment.

I've really stopped talking to old friends. They all get so mad that I'm with Jason; that I listen to his rules.

But the rules are reasonable for Gotham: don't be out past sundown, don't go out alone, nobody comes over (in case he comes home early in the night or at some weird time of day), call Dick or Tim if something happens and he is out of state or unreachable.

After cleaning and eating, I curl up and put on my favorite show. I normally wait up for him, just in case he needs patched up.

I flip over to the news just to see who got out of Arkham after a while, and end up seeing Red Hood in a fight live.

He's so hot when he fights, in all honesty.

But then he does the one thing I have asked him to stop. Point blank, he puts a bullet in the thug. Not a killing shot, but it's obviously a real bullet and I've asked him to at least use rubber.

I groan and go back to my show, no longer caring to watch him fight.

The sun is rising when he finally gets in, and I look at him, "Jason."

He rolls his eyes, "Not now."

"I've asked you not to use bullets." I say and walk over to him.

He reaches in the fridge and pulls out a beer, "I do what I need to win."

I grab the beer and pull it away, "Use the rubber rounds. Bruce gives them to you free."

He reaches for the beer, angry and silent. I hold it behind me, "No. You have to promise to use the rubber rounds, if not then I should be able to go out when I want."

"That's not up for debate." He snaps at me.

"Then it's settled. I'm going out tonight." I shrug and turn away.

He grabs my arm a little too tight, "You will do no such thing."

"I will. And as long as you are using live rounds, I'll do what I want when I want." I snap.

His free hand strikes my cheek before I can process he moved, and he seems shocked by his own action.

I yank out of his grip and hold my cheek, tears welling up, "How could you!? You've never... you promised you wouldn't..."

"Babe... I'm so sorry..." He mutters softly and steps forward. I back away silently. He reaches out and gently grabs my shoulders, "I didn't mean to... I'm so sorry... I don't know what I was thinking..."

"Jay... I love you, but our fights can never lead to you striking me again. Do you understand?" I say softly.

"Of course... never again. I never want to see you hurt, especially not because of me..." He pulls me to his chest and holds me tight. "I'll even start using those stupid rubber bullets for you... I'm so sorry..."

I nod and grab to his coat, looking into his eyes, "Alright..."

He leans down and kisses me softly and lovingly. I kiss back, leaning into his embrace.