Numb 2 (batsis)

Because there is such a high demand the angst shall continue.

After resting for the night you wake up to the smell of bacon.

Stumbling out to the kitchen/livingroom, Jason is cooking while watching the morning news.

"Morning. Sleep alright?" Jason asks as he finishes your favorite breakfast item.

"Yea... you cooked for me..?" You question softly.

"Well I wont let you starve all weekend." He smirks.

"I can stay the weekend?" You perk up.

"Any time you want. Just promise you won't touch that shit you got ahold of again or anything like it." Jason says seriously.

"I... I won't. I promise. Really." You insist as you grab a plate.

"I know you won't. You know, Bruce picked me up off the streets cause I tried to steal the Batmobile tires." He smirks.

"No way... You did that?" You look shocked.

"I was a handful." Jason chuckles. "And Bruce has a hard time letting you in because you remind him of me. He won't admit this, but he still blames himself for what happened to me... and seeing you and who you are... well it bothers him. He is scared." He admits.

"You say that with respect... but I thought you hated each other..?" You question.

"I respect him... just don't agree with him. Ever. But I'm being honest. He sees me in you. It scares him." Jason says, then stuffs some food in his mouth.

"So I scare the big bad bat in a way... weird... doesn't excuse what he has done to me... or what he let that brat do to me..." You mumble between bites and look down.

"No... it doesn't. But I think you would do better living here too... if you would like that is. And your friends from the complex are welcome." Jason smiles.

"Really...?" You look up happily.

"I'll talk to Alfred about it today but it should be fine." He smiles.

"Thanks Jay... it's nice to have someone on my side for a change... I know Alfred tries... but one person isn't enough to make things better in a house if four..." You admit.

"I know." Jason admits.

Over the next few nights sleep becomes easier and the emptiness in your chest becomes less of a weight as Jason spends time with you.

You found a place you belong, and, for a change, you feel happy. Blaze and Nadia even spend a lot of time over with you.

The three of you may be the wallflowers of Gotham Academy, but nobody messes with you. 

Not even Damian. Since the over dose he has been either avoiding you or being civil at most.

So today when you show up to school and Damian meets you as you get off Jason's bike, you are surprised to say the least. And the invitation to have lunch with him was even more of a shock.

It turns out that your friends and Damian have a lot in common. Stubborn and individualistic.

After a few weeks, Damian is even enjoying your company.

So when the complex is hit by penguin's men and turned to rubble with you and your friends in it, Damian and Jason are the first to the scene, digging for signs of you. Hoping you somehow survived it.

And when Damian pulls out your limp and bloodied form from the rubble, Jason can't believe his eyes.

He throws his helmet to the side as he drops to his knees and pulls you into his arm from Damian.

He holds you close to his chest, face buried in your hair, the faint sent of your favorite shampoo lingering in the smell of ashes.