Just look at me (Bruce)

After two years (today mind you) of dating I thought these lies were over, but now I see another tabloid headlined with Bruce and some arm candy at a party that I missed because of work.

Here I sit in the manor waiting for yet another late arrival of my boyfriend, and only one thing on my mind.

He's cheating on me.

Finally Bruce walks in and I jump up, "What is this?"

"She came onto me and the tabloid took advantage of the photo opertunity. That's it." He says calmly as ever.

"And where were you tonight?" I question.

"Work." He says firm.

"Really, cause your secretary Ann said you left early." I scold.

He looks slightly surprised then returns to normal, "It was a private buisness meeting."

"Right. Well clearly more important than our two year anniversary." I snap.

His looks soften, "Y/n..."

"No. I'm done with the lies. You think I don't see them, but I do. I'm done. I never wanted your money or fame, I wanted that sweet man I met on the park bench." I snap and storm past him to the front door.

"Y/n, wait. Please." He starts, but I'm already out the front door and going for my car.

He runs to catch up, but I give him no room to stop me as I climb into it and ram into drive, with tears on my face, speeding off.

He watches as I leave then starts calling. I ignore each call instantly. Then it happens, someone runs me off the road.

My car flips multiple times and I barely can see as someone pulls me out and my vision fades to black.

I wake with a pounding headache and chained up to a wall by my arms in a cold, damp room.

I try to move my feet to get leverage, thinking I could break free only to find they are chained to the floor. I'm thoroughly screwed.

Suddenly Twoface comes into my line of sight, "So we are finally awake. Good."

"What do you want? I'm worthless to you." I snap, though my head instantly regrets it as the sound of my own voice hurts my head.

"The girlfriend if Bruce Wayne, worthless. My you have a lot to learn about Gotham still." He laughs at me.

I look at him angrily, "We broke up."

He glares harshly, "Really? Then if he doesn't pay the ransom, we kill you. He can hold your fate in his hands today. Unless you'd prefer your luck with the coin."

I fall silent. I just hope Bruce will pay to save me...

Two days pass and nothing. Not even a hit of the money being talked about. Twoface is furious. He keeps saying the coin determined me dead already. And I've started to believe him. I've had no food or water since brought here. My head hurts unbearably and I drift in and out of consciousness.

Suddenly I'm awoke by my body falling from the chains and strong arms lifting me up. A brief glances shows Batman is my savior. Then he whispers, "I'm sorry I took so long to find you. And I'm sorry I lied to you..."

That's when it hits me, Bruce is Batman... it all makes since. How could I be so stupid. But I can't bring myself to say anything as my vision fades and I lose all sense of feeling.

The next thing I know, there's beeping on my right and a blinding bright white room surrounding me. I look around and see Bruce asleep on the couch looking exhausted and stressed.  The nurse is duitifly and silently changing out fluid bags at my side.

"You're awake?" She asks.

I nod, and try to mumble out a "yes" but it comes off as more of a scratchy "e" sound.

"Heres some water for you. Don't push yourself. It's three in the morning. A doctor will be by at five." She explains.

Then I feel warm hands over my cold hands, "Y/n... your awake.." Bruce says softly.

I look to him and smile softly, but the words I want to say can't come out of my sore throat.

"Don't worry, Y/n. It's going to be ok. Don't push too hard..." He says softly.