Hurt (pt 2) (Damian)

As requested by MGSEP26 Hope it doesnt suck.

---

After two weeks, the incision is healed enough that you can move again.

It is slow, deliberate, and full of pain, but you can move.

Neither Damian nor you have brought up the rumor since that day, and certainly don't plan on telling Bruce why the operation went so terribly wrong.

So while in private in the cave, you sit up on the harsh medical cot and look to Damian.

"We need to talk about what happened." You state firm.

"Is now the best time? You should be focused on resting and healing." Damian says, reaching for your hand.

You jerk it away and assert yourself, "Damian. What happened with us, the rumor and the fight, is what threw us off and caused this."

"You are... undeniably correct. So, the rumor." Damian says more then asking, worry filling his eyes.

"Damian. You're an idiot to believe that. I would never kiss anyone other then you, let alone say they are better at it then you." You confirm.

"But you dated him before." Damian says matter of factly.

"And it was in middle school. We never kissed. Whoever came up with that rumor was an idiot." You softly affirm in a way that screams honesty.

"Then the fight... was for nothing... I was so vastly wrong and it cause us to mess up and you to get hurt... I caused you to get hurt..." His eyes glint with tears as the realization hits him. "Beloved... I am so sorry..."

"Hey... it was my fault to... I should have paid attention to what I was doing. Not focus on that fight we had." You grab his hand gently and squeeze it.

He looks at you almost confused, but then leans over and kisses you tenderly, full of passion and love. After a moment, he pulls away, leaving you breathless.

"I'm so sorry I hurt you and failed you. I promise to listen to you, trust you, and protect you. No more listening to gossip." Damian says and squeezes your hand in return.

That's when you hear Bruce. A very angry Bruce. "That is what caused that mess two weeks ago? That."