Dark Magic (Damian)

Being John Constantine's daughter ment you had a British accent, dry humor, bad puns, and magic.

When John took you to Wayne manor the request was simple. He wards you so you can't be tracked down, you live the rest of your life safely at the manor. He wouldnt even be doing this if it wasn't for the demon trying to catch you. Bruce however had a condition. Your magic had to be bound.

Your father agreed but you protested.

"Just hold her still, would ya Brucie?" John says. You can tell he doesn't like this but is doing it.

Bruce grabs you and holds you tight. You start screaming and shouting profanities, causing the boys to come out to the hallway.

John does the spell that takes your magic and locks it into a charm. Once done, Bruce let's you go and you just drop to the ground, a angry look on your face. All you can think is that the world feels colder now.

"Bye Luv. I'll stop by to see how you are." John says. He then hands Bruce the charm and leaves.

That was a week ago. Now you are still frustrated with life without magic but learning to handle it. You still try to convince Bruce to give it back to you, but he refuses.

Damian and you have grown close fast, bonding over losing what you always knew. The other brothers all love your humor and spending time with you, they just aren't as close to you.

"Dami...?" You ask, leaning on the doorframe of his room one evening.

"Yes?" Damian looks up from his book, Titus running over to you from Damian's side.

You pet the dog while keeping eyes on Damian, "why does Bruce keep saying my magic is dark? I've done nothing but good for people. I mean sure, I accidently did a spell wrong and turned someone into a frog one time, but it was funny and my father fixed it."

"Come sit." He says, keeping a monotone voice.

You sit beside him on the bed with a sigh.

"Your magic scares him. He can't control it if you have it. And you are rather unpredictable. He just doesnt like the combination." Damian says softly, putting a hand over yours on the bed.

"I suppose. It just... makes me feel bad... like I do bad. I know it is 'dark magic' in the sense that it doesn't heal people and stuff... but he makes me feel like it is all bad." You say softly.

"Don't, Habibt. It's not all bad. He just doesn't understand." He says moving closer.

"Ok... what is 'habibt'?" You ask softly.

He blushes slightly and sighs, "we should head down for training."

"Oh, ok." You sigh.

Once downstairs someone jumps the two of you. Damian blocks with easy, but you put your hands up as if about to use a spell, only to get tackled to the ground hard.

"Shit! I thought you would block. Sorry!" Jason yells.

You just groan and lay where you landed, even after Jason stands up. Damian sits beside you, ignoring his brothers. "You ok?"

"Oh yea. I'm great." You say sarcastically.

"Did Jason hurt you? I told him not to go so hard." Dick says.

"I will kill both of you if you don't leave at once." Damian snaps. They put their hands up and walk off. Damian then looks at you, "it is ok."

"I'm a liability to you..." you mumble.

"Never. You will never be a liability to me..." He says soft and squeezed your hand. "And your magic was never dark, for you are good."