Don't You Remember 4 (Dick)

Once at the apartment, you look around. It's messier then how you kept it, and all the pictures are currently on the counter, but it still feels like home to you.

At the counter you sit and look over the photos. Dick stands beside you and points at one, "Remember the time at the fair..?"

"I wrote about it... We uh... it was..." You groan agitated, "Why can't I remember. It was... a holiday?"

Dick smiles softly at you softly, "Our first date... it was at the fair. I insisted on this picture to be taken and you asked a stranger to take it for us. I was blown away by your beauty and confidence that night."

"Really..?" You smile at him then it hits you, "Wait... I wrote about what happened and how I felt... you... remember how you felt..?"

He sits and takes your hands in his, "Y/n. I remembered everything. The pictures and things you wrote helped me remember... I was bringing you here to tell you I remembered. But those guys jumped us."

You squeeze his hands and smile sadly, "If you could get your memory back, I'll get my memory back. And we can be happy again."

"We will be happy as long as we have each other." He softly brushes some hair behind your ear as he says that.

"Soalmates no matter what." You smile at the memory of when you two first said the little phrase.

"And no matter how far, soulmates find each other again." He finishes the phrase with a smile.

You end up taking the photos to the couch and for the rest of the night you go through them. At some point you fall asleep, snuggling up to each other while holding a scrapbook you made.

Over the next few months you have a few relapses in memory, but over all it comes back to you. Today the whole family is at a nice restaurant, celebrating the recovery both you and Dick pulled off.

As you all sit around the table, including Alfred, Dick stands up and gathers the attention. "When I lost my memory I lost my soulmate too. And when I got it back, she was almost taken from me before I could fix things. Now here we are. Together and with those we love. But I have to ask, Y/n?" He then pushes the chair away and gets on one knee, "Would you accept my proposal a second time and make me the happiest man in the room again?"

You smile brightly and nod, letting him put the ring back on your finger. It was as beautiful as you remember, and you feel happier then ever. Once it is on, you put your hand in his cheek and kiss him gently.

After all, Soulmates will always find each other. Not even memory can sever that bond.