Secretary (Tim)

Walking into Wayne Industries, in a flowy black and white polka dot top tucked into a black skirt that flairs out just right and lands above the knees, I clutch the strap of my messenger bag nervously.

Main thought: Don't, I repeat, do not mess this up y/n.

The secretarial job for the Tim Drake would be a dream come true. Full health, dental, and eye coverage, full time, $15 an hour, and working for the second in charge of the company. Plus Tim Drake is cute.

So no having to gag every time I see my boss like I did at the last job. Cue the shivers from that unwanted immage.

I retrieve my temporary badge from the front desk worker and head up to the instructed floor.    20.   Why so many floors?

Thank the heavens for the inventor of elevators.

Once waiting in a room of men and women for half an hour, my name is called by Mr. Wayne's secretary to come into the room.

To my shock both Tim Drake and Bruce Wayne are there.

Putting on a confident look, I step forward, only to trip over a wire the Mr. Wayne was just pointing out a moment to late.

To everyone's surprise, I catch myself with the chair and make an awkward recovery pose. "Yup. I'm good. Nobody saw that." I add with a flat lipped nod before sitting down.

Both men before me chuckles, causing me to mentally curse myself: good job. Messing up from the start.

"Ok, thank you for coming, Miss y/l/n. Sorry about that wire. Had to move something a moment ago." Mr. Wayne says.

"But the humor you had about the situation is much appreciated." Mr. Drake concedes.

"Thank you..." I respond softly with a nod then add, "I tend to be clumsy, so I try to keep clean. Reduces hazard."

"Well that us a priority a secretary should have, so off to a good start. Ready to answer some simple questions?" Mr. Drake asks with a charming smile.

"Y-yes. The questions. I have answers." I say with a smile.

Again, they both chuckle.

"Alright. Someone calls up demanding for me, said person is furious and hostile from the start, what do you do?" Mr. Drake asks.

"I.. calmly try to talk him down from his agitation and try to get him to calmly explain the problem to see if I can help. It's a secretary's job to be able to defuse a situation like that." I confidently explain.

"And if someone comes up with a gun?" Mr. Wayne asks.

"Theres panic buttons in this place right? And security to stop that? Is that a actual problem I should prepare for? I took a self defence class for a while once. I could actually take the gun from him if he is close enough I suppose..." I ramble.

"Wow... slow down. That doesn't happen here, just wanted to see what came to mind. You know how to disarm people?" Mr. Drake asks.

"Yea. Firm grip on the gun in a way that the pin wont strike off then just ran your elbow into theirs while holding the gun firm. Works most the time." I say with a shrug.  

(Authors note. This is true. You can grip a Pistol and keep it from firing off. Please don't try this.)

"Very impressive." He responds. Mr. Wayne nods in agreement.

"One last question?" Mr. Drake asks, griping my attention.

"Of course." I look at him intently.

"Why do you want this job?" He says, more then asks, leaning forward with his arms on the table, fingers lacing together.

"To support myself and the few family members I have left. I just want to have a secure job where I can trust my environment and know I will be able to feed them..." I softly confide to them.

They both look to each other, having a silent conversation through eyes.

Then they look back to me. "Congratulations Miss y/l/n. You got yourself a job. Just dont let anyone know. Gotta keep it quiet until the others have been interviewed." Mr. Drake says.

"My secretary, Ally, will take you through the back way to Tim's office and start you in the paperwork. We will get you for lunch to become acquainted." Mr. Wayne says with a smile.

"Thank you Mr. Wayne, thank you Mr. Drake." I say with a smile and a sudden sense of relief.

"Please, never call me that. Just Tim is fine..." Tim says with a awkward smile.

"I, yes. Of course. And you can just call me y/n, or whatever comes to mind really. I'll answer..." I respond with a nervous giggle at the end.

"Of course." Tim chuckles.