Tim Jr. (Tim)

While sitting in bed cuddling Tim, a bright light blinds you both.

Your phone which was playing Ticktok videos suddenly powers off.

Tim gets up on his knees on the bed, pushing you behind him protectively. You yourself prepare to defend the both of you as well.

The light fades and a boy with your color hair and a robin suit looks at you both. "It worked! This stupid thing finally worked!"

"Who are you?" Tim asks cautiously, ready to throw a punch.

The boy smiles widely and climbs onto the the bed easily dodging Tim's punch and hugs him while laughing some, "Hey Dad!"

"Dad?" You pipe up and look confused.

"Mom!" The boy cheers and dives into your arms.

"M'gann. Jokes over." You say, honestly confused but hoping it is your friend.

"Oh! She is Miss Martian! She is very nice." The boy says as he pulls away.

"So you're... our son..? Like Back to the Futer time travels stuff..?" Tim asks.

"Well time travel is a lot different then that... the quantum mechanics of it all.. but yes! I'm your son, Timothy Jackson Drake Jr." The boy says happily.

"Wait, isn't you meeting us bad?" You question.

"Only if I tell you what happens in my time. " He says matter of factly. "Basic rule of time travel is don't mention the futer."

"Ok. Mind if we do DNA?" Tim asks.

"Sure!" The boy shrugs.

The three of you go down to the Batcave and start a DNA test.

Tim Jr. is fascinated by the old tech.

The test runs three times and decides that the child is telling the truth, he is your son.

You hear a platter fall to the ground. You turn to see Alfred looking at the sceen.

"Alfred! Are you ok?" You run up to him.

"Yes but... is that... is this real?" Alfred asks.

"Seems so." Tim says, still staring at the screen himself.

"Only for a few hours." Tim Jr. says.

"Ok. So what prompted you to risk the time stream?" Tim asks.

"Oh, you know, just wanted to see the glory days if grandpa Bruce! He isn't as agile as he once was..." He says.

"Well ok. Let's go find Bruce I suppose?" You ask.

"Actually I thought maybe you two would like to.... uh.... watch a movie? What's your favorite movie as a couple?  50 First Dates right?" He stutters through.

Tim and you share a look and shrug, "If you really want to watch a movie... Ok? But not that one. Dick just likes to put that on when we fall asleep to convince Jason of it. We normally watch Anime together..."

"Then what's your favorite? Let's start that? And maybe your favorite food too? OH! And we can train after that! You can see how good I am." He says happily.

You giggle and nod, "Ok. One thing at a time. I'll go make popcorn and pizza. Tim, put on the anime?"

"Sure thing." He smiles at you.

Once out of their sight, you activate a contact lens that pops up text between you and Tim on a private network.

Something seems off about this...

I know, but just play along for now. We need him to be comfortable to get him to open up.

He is a lot like you ;)

Hush.

You giggle and start cooking. Alfred comes in and starts helping you, "So he just kind if showed up?"

"In a bright ball of light. Completely ruining our chance at sleep before patrol." You sigh.

"I'm sure you were on your phones though." Alfred calls you out.

You just shake your head and look down. "I want to believe that he is just young and hyper... but something seems off about how he is acting..."

"Do not fret. I'm sure it is just the excitement of being here." Alfred consoles.

"Yea." You smile.

After a few episodes the whole family meets for lunch outside.

"So what brought you her?" Bruce asks.

"Well, like I said, just wanted to see you all in this time." Tim jr. says.

You and Tim look at each other suspiciously.

"Well, we only have half an hour left, so what do you want to do?" You ask cautiously.

"Why not just play cards?" He asks.

"Sounds like fun. It was patrol night for you two and Jason, but Damian and Dick can take over. Spend time together." Bruce says.

Jason instantly starts complaining about how Damian is no fun to patrol with as you three head up to Tim's room.

"They never change." Tim Jr. comments casually.

"And what about us?" You question.

"Oh uh... you're cool...er...?" He says, almost tripping himself over as he adds the "er" in last second.

"You don't sound to confident... you can tell us... We won't change a thing. We promise." You encourage.

"Well... you see... I... Uncle Dick raised me... You two had everything worked out... then one night while Dad was on patrol Two Face broke in.... Uncle Dick said he was holding a grudge against the two of you and figured out who you were somehow... he and Damian showed up in time to find you, Mom, in Dad's lap already gone and Dad holding me just barely alive..." He explains in a shy voice. "So I just wanted to know you... The stories were so grand... There isn't a hero who doesn't talk about and miss you two..."

You sigh and pull him close, kissing his forehead gently, "I'm so sorry we aren't there to watch you grow up..."

He hugs back, at first tense and surprised but quickly relaxes into the embrace.

"Just don't try to live up to what we were, or what anyone was. Be your own Robin." Tim says, sounding very fatherly.

Tim Jr. smiles up at him and says, "You know... you are smarter then they credit you for... you are way less sleep deprived then I expected."

"You know what. Ask them about my box of photos of them." Tim says with a smirk.

You giggle at the thought of his box of embarrassing photos.

Suddenly a small Beep starts.

Tim Jr. sighs, "Time to go..."

"You'll be fine... I know you will be." You encourage.

He smiles, a tear on his cheek. You reach to whipe it away, but your hand phases through as a bright light emits from the device on his wrist.

You look to Tim and a sob escapes your lips that you didn't know you were holding. He pulls you to him and holds you tight.