How to Punch (Tim)

I wander if mental pain is felt like physical pain.

That's the thought you have every time you get bullied by Jenna and her little possy.

You don't really have friends. Living in the orphanage and attending Githam Academy on a GPA scholarship program makes you the look like a child's plastic jewelry in the middle of a diamond store.

And Jenna loves to point out your second hand clothes and no name glasses.

On top of it all, at night you barely sleep, feeling the pain of punches and kicks regularly.

Your orphanage is convinced you are the soulmate of the lates Robin.

But orphans are great at thinking up the fantastical and ignoring the negative. After all, it is likely just some thug kid living in the streets.

That's just my luck. 

The phrase you say to yourself constantly when something bad happens to you.

Today while at school, your rib is consistently in pain. Your soulmate definently broke something and is just going with it.

Selfish prick.

Another thing on your mind a lot. Calling him that for never considering you.

Lost in thought you don't notice Jenna snapping at you about something. Final she just flat out trips you, causing your things to go flying and glasses to break as your face impacts the ground.

You put a hand to your face and feel a cut from the lenses on brow and blood coating your fingers.

"What the hell?! What is your problem with me?! I don't even have classes with you!" You snap.

Finally you can't take her anymore.

Honestly you kinda wish murder was legal at this moment.

At this point a crowd has formed in the hallway.

In that crowd you notice your crush, who honestly never even glanced at you before.

You don't even notice him touching his own brow because you get lost in your own thoughts.

You hoped he was your soulmate after all, but knowing it was some reckless jerk you doubted it.

After all.

Tim Drake is the school paper photographer.

He is a know it all goody twoshoes.

What a way to get noticed...

"What's my problem? What's your problem. You just ignored me after walking in my direct path and not moving." She snaps.

"Get over yourself." You snap and start to get up.

She shoves you down roughly and straddles you, "What did you just say?"

"I..." Suddenly your courage leaves you as she is hovering over you with a cold glare.

"That's what I though. Bitch. You're nothing. Remember that." She spats and slaps you.

Something inside if you flares and you throw a punch.

You manage to get her nose bleeding, but at the same time, you are sure you dislocated your thumb at the pain raging in your hand.

The crowd "ooos" as she holds he nose, still hovering over you. She glares and goes to kick your side but suddenly is stopped.

Tim Drake of all people has pulled her away and is holding her in a rather impressive body lock that keeps her from moving.

The teacher from the classroom nearby comes out and yells, "Everyone to class. You three. With me. Let her go Drake."

You sigh and get up. The teacher leads you all to the Headmaster's office.

"What is the meaning of this?" The Headmaster questions.

"She punched me!" Jenna whines and you notice she has started crying.

I change my mind. She is more of a prock then my soulmate.

You think to yourself as you roll your eyes.

"Actually sir, Jenna started yelling at Y/n and when she didn't respond Jenna tripped her. Y/n verbally stood up for herself after notice her glasses had broke and cut her eyebrow and Jenna shoved her and then slapped her. Y/n then punched Jenna to try to get her off of her. Jenna when to kick Y/n but I stopped her... so it was Jenna who started it. Jenna actually finds it funny to torment Y/n regularly." Tim says.

You look at him surprised.

He knows my name and knows what I've been going through?

"Is this true Miss Y/l/n?" The headmaster asks.

"Yes sir..." You say softly.

"Jenna. You have been a problem for this school long enough. Your scholarship for the school is going to be reconsidered and you are suspended for a week." The headmaster says.

"What? You're in a scholarship? That's why you harass me!" You shout, not thinking about where you are.

Jenna goes to say something but the Headmaster looks at her and speaks first, "Is that so? Miss Jenna. I will be including that on the report for the reconsideration. Things are not looking good for you. Your parents put a lot of effort into getting you the scholarship and this is how you act?"

She looks down guilty.

"Mister Drake, would you take Miss Y/l/n to the nurse? Mister James, I believe you have a class to teach." Headmaster says.

Tim smiles shyly at you and leads you out and towards the nurses.

After your thumb is popped back into place and your eyebrow patched up by the school phasysion you and Tim and released to go home early after the day you had.

On the sidewalk Tim sighs, "Before you try walking back to your place... I need to tell you something..."

"Yea..?" You stop and look at him.

"Well... I think we are soulmates... no... I know it. That and you punch all wrong. I felt that. You need to keep your thumb out of your fish. Don't tuck it..." He mutters through.

"What? You're my soulmate?" You question.

"Well... uh... yeah..." Tim chuckles nervously and rubs his neck.

You ball up your fist, following his instructions to keep your thumb out, and punch his shoulder.

He groans and looks shocked as you grasp your arm.

You both stare at eachother for a moment before bursting out laughing.

"What was that for?" Tim questions.

"For the late nights. Also wanted to try out the punch recommendation." You tease.

He sighs, rolling his eyes. "Wanna come to my place..? We can talk..? Get to know eachother... I can explain the late nights too..."

"Ok. But I'll need to call and ask my orphanage mother." You smile softly.