Surprise (Titans!Dick x reader)

A drabble cause I'm trying to get back to writing. Enjoy 😉

"I'm leaving and I want you to come with me" Dick said that night.

"I can't. You know I don't have what it takes to up and move..." You said back, sadly.

You loved him but the cursed city was your home.

That was two months ago. Now you watch news of the Titans and see how happy Dick is, wishing you had gone with him. Maybe you could be happy too then. You found out you were pregnant not long after he left and cried for days. Now you'd been saving up to meet with him as a surprise. You just got enough to pay for gas to get there and food for your trip.

Packing a few clothes and leaving everything else behind, you left Gotham in your review mirror and drove to Dick. You knew where the penthouse was because he had you save all his possible addresses in case you needed them before he left. But he never responded to your texts after he left. You assumed he was hurt by your refusal.

After a couple of days on the road, (feeling grumpy from sleeping in the car while pregnant and not being able to afford your random cravings if you wanted to make it all the way there) you arrive at the penthouse. Without grabbing your things, you go to the elevator and ring the penthouse.

"Ummm... hello?" A young boy says.

"Tell Dick someone is here to see him. He should know who..." You respond.

--

Gar looks at the video feed of the young woman confused, "Ok.  Give me a moment?" He says then walks away to find Dick.

Dick instantly recognizes the confusion on his face, "What is it?"

"There's a woman here asking for you? Has (color) hair?" He starts.

Dick doesn't wait for anything more to be said and heads to the front, opening the elevator and letting you in.

--

After a shirt elevator ride, you are tackles in a gentle yet firm hug by Dick. It's all it takes for your well built composure to break and tears start spilling.

"What's wrong... I thought you wouldn't leave the city... why are you crying...?" He asks in a panic.

"I missed you... you stopped answering my texts and calls... I didn't know what to do... and you've been so busy with the new titans... Dick.... I'm Pregnant..." You let it all out at once.

Dick pulls back and puts his hands on your arms. "You're.... pregnant..?"

You nod and while away some tears messily. "I found out just after you left... I tried calling you..."

"I'm so sorry... I thought you were just trying to leave me officially after I had left..." He admits.

You giggle some, "you have such abandonment issues..."

He pouts at your tease, "don't make fun of a man's issues..." He says and gently pulls you into the building.

The full team has gathered to watch the scene before them. Dick smiles at them shyly and introduces them to you, and you to them.

Kori seems a little skeptical, but everyone else welcomes you with open arms.

Then Donna comes out, "My has it been a while. What did he do to make you cry now?"

"I'm pregnant!" You announce to her.

She looks surprised, "About time you two stopped the cat and mouse game and just stayed together."

Both you and Dick share a look of amusement and smile. She's right.