Don't You Remember 2 (Dick)

After two months of Dick ignoring you and living in your shared apartment by himself, you have become very depressed. Jason had picked up a bunch of your clothes and you have been staying with him.

Today you are dragged out of the apartment to go eat with Tim and Jason.

At the local dinner the three of you sit and eat. That's when Dick shows up to the dinner.

He looks at you unsure.

You get up and go over to him, "Hi... I uh... was hoping maybe we could start over..? Maybe..."

"Stop talking. Sit and have a drink if your really wanting to try to start fresh." He says blandly.

You cringe at his tone but accept. If this is what it takes then this is it.

Sitting at the bar you ask for a soda and Dick gets a water. After a moment of silence, he looks to you, "There were a lot of pictures of us..."

"Yea... you insisted on it." You smile some.

"Maybe after we eat you could come and we could go over some of those?" He asks.

"Well this almost sounds how you first got to know me." You smirk at the thought.

"Oh really? And what went down then?" He raises an eye.

"Yea. At a bar, we had ordered the same drink, and you asked me to come over... it was a good night. The next week we didn't talk or anything then you sent me a vase of roses with your number. We went on a real date after that..." You smile sadly.

"You look sad..." Dick points out.

You sigh, "Well yea... We had a life together and now it is all starting over... You could find someone better then me easily."

"I thought we were soulmates." He says softly.

"You remember...?" You look at him hopefully.

"No... it was on a picture frame." He shrugs and looks at his drink.

You want to say he is lying, that he would always look away when lying, but you knew that memory loss to this extent changed a person's behavior. So you nodded and continued to drink your soda.

"How about we just go to the apartment now..? We can have some cereal and wine and go through that corny little scrapbook..." He smiles at you.

"Why are you making an effort to get to know me..? Jason said you threw all the pictures and stuff into a bag and in a closet..." You question.

"Who doesn't want to know the pretty girl who is obsessed with them?" Dick smirks.

"Someone being stalked..." You point out with a playful smirk.

"Got me there, but I know you aren't stalking me. So let's go?" He stands and holds out a hand.

You take it and follow him out. Jason and Tim both watch you leave, and when you smile at them they both go back to eating.

On the walk back to the apartment you two both stop at the same time when you hear something behind you. As you both turn to look behind you, you notice you both are faking looking at eachother, like you used to do if about to be robbed. You see three guys right behind you and one about to hit you with a crowbar.

That's when Dick yells "Y/n/n! Duck."

Hearing him say your nickname catches you off guard and you freeze up for a second to long. Your attempt at ducking ends up getting you a hard hit to the head.

You fall over and struggle to make out your surroundings. These guys are stronger then you expected. You hear Dick groan and instinctively jump up and attack despite the dizziness.

This causes a distraction that allows dick to get free and attack again, but the crowbar hits your head hard again, this time you are sure you hear your scull crack.

You fall down hard and struggle to stay away, terrified of dying.

You hear one of the thugs yell out "Shit I killed her! Scram!"

You hear Dick talking to you, "Y/n/n... Stay awake... please... I'm calling 911... just stay with me..."

-------------

Part three to come - Does Dick remember you? Do you survive?