I Just Can't (Damian)

You and Damian have been together for a year. You have gotten plenty of threats over the year, but nothing came of them. Until now.

You wake up dazed and confused, tied to a chair. Blinking rapidly, you get the foggy haze from your eyes and adjust to the dim lighting.

"(Y/n). Don't panic. It will be ok." Damian says. You look over to him confused.

"What's going on?" You ask, trying to stay calm.

"We were kidnapped. Do you remeber?" He asks.

You think for a moment and it comes to you:

"DAMIAN! WATCH OUT!" You shout just as a car swerved into your lane and runs you off the road.

The car hits right into a light post and everything goes black.

"I remember hitting the lightpost... then... Who took us?" You question.

"Based on what they are wearing. Two-face. Probably wants ransom." He responds. He then looks around. "Se anything sharp?"

"Theres a nail sticking out of the post behind you... How are you so calm? I'm freaking out." You ask confused.

"I'm worried too. But we have to get out." He responds as he works the rope on the nail. You nod some.

Once he breaks free he rushes to you and unties you, then grabs your hand.

"Let's go." He says as he leads you to a door. "You have bobypins?" He asks when he realizes the door is locked.

You pat your hair, checking for one and sigh, "no.."

"Ok. Just stand back." He says and picks up a chair. You back away and watch as he slams the chair down on the handle and the door breaks open. "Now run. Up that flight of stairs." He states firm.

You nod and do so, after a few steps you hear guards coming up behind you. You pick up pace and Damian keeps steady behind you. Once at the top, you burst through the door and make it to the edge, hoping for a fire escape only to see Gotham Harbor 3 stories below you.

"Jump!" Damian shouts as he slams the door shut.

"I can't..." you look at him scared.

"We have to, beloved. It's the only way." He says as he puts a hand on your shoulder and another in your hair by your cheek.

"I can't do it Dami... I can't..." you mumble and lean to his touch.

"I know your scared, but trust me. Ok?" He mumbles and pulls you closer to him.

You nod and hug him tight.

Before you have time to even process what's going on Damian has jumped off the building and pulled you with him. You hold to him tight and squeeze your eyes shut.

He hits the water first but doesn't let you go.

Instead if swimming straight up, he swims sideways first, then up, getting you out of the line of sight from the roof.

Once under a dock and on land you both sit and catch your breath.

"Hard part is over... new we just get to a payphone unseen." He states.

"Ok. No. Stop. How are you so confident and collected. We just jumped off a 3 story building INTO THE HARBOR." You snap in a whisper yell, scared to be heard up above.

"I didn't want to tell you like this... but I'm Robin." He states matter of factly.

"No. Seriously." You say looking at him unbelivingly.

"I would not lie to you at a time like this." He says with a softer look.

"Ok... ok... let's get home... I think hypothermia or something is making me delusional. Or maybe I'm dreaming. Slap me, I'll wake up. Yea. Come on. Right here." You say and point at your cheek.

He raises his and and you close your eyes waiting for impact, but instead you feel him tenderly grab you and kiss you lovingly.

Once he pulls back, you sigh relaxed.

"I will never slap you my love... now let's get home." He stands up, then helps you up.

The two of you sneak out of the docks and into a public road, still dripping wet. He drapes a arm around your back and holds you protectively as you walk back to Wayne Manor.