Rivals (Damian)

"I was top of the class until he showed up. And left alone. But no. He just had to show up and run it all for me." You whisper to your best friend as you walk past Damian in the halls.

"I know. But the girls only pick on you cause he gives you the time of day he won't give them." He says. "Hell, even I'm jealous. He isn't even bi."

"You don't know that. And the only time he gives me is when he is proving me wrong." You try to encourage him.

"Right." He gives you his classic "whatever you say" glare.

"Hey loser." Jossette says as she quite literally pushes past you.

You groan softly and look at your friend, "She never even looked at me before he showed up."

He shrugs and in a defeated voice says, "I know. I'll see you for lunch. Ok?"

"Yeah." You shrug and walk off.

It gets to the point where it is just you and two people behind you in the halls as the tardy bell rings.

Then an announcement for lockdown is called.

Knowing all classrooms are locked all the time, you won't be able to get in one, so a bathroom is your next best bet.

You turn to wave the students behind you to follow but realize they are the reason for the lockdown.

Harley Quinn and Joker smile at you sickeningly.

You turn to run but feel some sort or robe wrap around your legs, tripping you.

You catch a glimpse of Damian making his way into the bathroom while they are focused on you.

You turn to them and try to get free. "Please don't... I'm poor... and worthless... killing me won't even be fun... I'm lame..." You mumble out.

"Your right. That's why you are bait. But we will need to make you scream." Joker says, putting a knife to your cheek.

You take in a deep breath and with what little courage you feel, you backhand him as hard as you can.

The shock moves the knife away from your face but only seems to anger him.

"None of you children seem to understand respect anymore. Perhaps I'll make you the example." He says, a sickening laugh following his words.

You try to back away, but Harley grabs the rope and pulls you closer to them.

Then suddenly Robin jumps out and punches Joker hard.

He falls over and curses under his breath.

You take their distraction as a chance to untangle yourself and get up to run, but you look over and see Robin being overwhelmed by the two.

"This is not what they mean by be a good citizen and whatnot..." You mumble to yourself before launching yourself onto Halrey's back and putting her into a choke hold.

She squeals and struggles against you.

Robin looks shocked but takes the distraction to attack Joker.

Harley puts her gun beside your head and fires. You yelp and fall off her as your ear rings. The adrenaline pumping through your system, you pick up her bat and run down the hall to find a bathroom that someone hadn't run into.

Harley follows in close pursuit yelling for you to drop her bat. You turn down a hall and quickly dodge into the bathroom before she can make the turn. As she runs past the doorway of the bathroom you swing her bat hard and manage to hit her in the head.

She drops like a ragdoll, passed out.

Dropping the bat, you go into the bathroom and lock the door. Then you walk farther into it and slide down the wall, realizing what you just pulled off.

Then the reality of that gun being so close to your head hits you. The adrenaline leaves and panic fills you.

You can hardly breath.

Then you remember Damian would have saw you get caught and hear the gun go off. He could think you dead. What if he gets caught in the fight between Robin and Joker.

You decide you have to go check on him and help him. As you unlock the door and peak out, Robin looks up from tying up Harley.

"Hey... Are you ok..?" He asks.

You don't respond and honestly don't realize he is talking to you.

You head for the hallway, but Robin grabs you.

You go to hit him, to try to escape, but he pins you to the wall.

"You need to calm down and let me check your ear. You're hyperventilating and bleeding." He says firm.

"I have to check on Damian... he was in that bathroom..." You start.

"I'm sure he is fine. You need to calm down." Robin repeats.

"No! I have to check on him... I'm always a bitch to him and he probably thinks I hate him but I actually like him and he is probably really freaked out cause the school has never been attacked and he has always been in a place with a panic room but not this time and I know that's scary to suddenly be in this situation cause I literally just got shot and he is alone and exposed..." You ramble through the nonsense explanation.

Robin looks at Harley who is out cold then to you. He sighs and puts both your hands in one of his and removes his mask for you to see his face.

After you fall silent, he places the mask back on, but those green eyes sudenly make all the sense in the world.

"You... You're..." You start to try to reason but the reality that you just admitted to liking him to him after you basically saved eachother hits you.

Then you realize the position you are in.

Your breathing starts to pick up again but this time, instead if demanding you to calm down, he kisses you.

His hands move from pinning your wrist down to your sides and your hands drape around his shoulders.

Then, as fast as it started, he stops and pulls away.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have..." He looks away, mask hiding his blush.

"I liked it... only cause you did it though..." You mumble.

"Oh..? Uh... let me look at that ear..." He says softly.

You nod, feeling confused and numb.

"She clipped your ear... are you feeling ok..? Pain or anything?" He asks as he pulls out a cloth and presses it to your ear.

"I... light headed..." You mumble.

He nods and sits down, pulling you against his chest. "Just stay awake. Help is on the way... this will help stop bleeding..." He says in a whisper and he holds you. He then adds, "I always admired how strong you were, never letting the popular girls get to you even when they were so cruel... then you did what you did today... it proves I was right about you... You're a stong and amazing person..."

You look up at him surprised, "I think I have actually died if blood loss and am in heaven cause you would never admit that..."

He chuckles, "That's a terrible joke..  but I'll prove you're alive... I'll visit you at the hospital and take you out as soon as you are released... if you will allow me to be your date in public that is..."

"I could give us a... shot..." You smirk some at your own terrible pun.

"You joking around with your friend like that is what got my attention on the first day... those morbid jokes of yours..." He whispers.

Outside sirens become loud as cops and a ambulance arrive.