Princess (Damian)

This is a one shot of my own accord because I have ideas too... I promise I'm creative. What do you think about me doing some third person stories like this? And yes, I am barrowing the city name from Aladdin, because I love it.

Fatima and Damian grew up knowing one thing was certain. That they were betrothed. The first princess of the Sultan of Agrabah, an Arabian land that counted on the League of Shadows for centuries of protection, was promised to be the bride of Damian in return for the continued protection of his kingdom. Fatima is a year younger then Damian, though the two went through very similar training in the League of Shadow's home of Nanda Parbat. By the time Damian was 13, he was sent to live with his father. Fatima, on the other hand, returned to her home.

For the next two years, the two keep touch through text and call after Damian sent her a cellphone as a gift.

Her time back at her palace is spent with her mother, learning to be the perfect wife of a leader, and trainers sent by the league.

Then one day she calls Damian in a panic, hidden away in a secret cubby of her room.

He answers the call confused, it is not the normal time for her to call him, "Habibt. What is it?"

"They have come for me... The one who attacked your grandfather years ago... They found me." Fatima whispers into the phone.

She hears Damian talking to someone else before he responds to her, "Fatima, get out of the palace. Go to the underground caverns just south and hide there. I am coming with backup to get you."

"Be quick, I must go." Fatima then hangs up before he can say anything else.

Shutting off her phone, she sneaks down a hidden stairway that leads out of the palace. Cautiously, she checks her surroundings before running for the next spot of cover.

As she finally makes her way past the gates and into the desert, she turns and looks at her palace, knowing the next time she sees it will only be to retrieve her belongings.

Fatima treks down into the caverns and sits on a rock inside, careful not to tear her silk dress.

After what feels like forever, she hears something land nearby.

She leans out ever so slightly to see who landed nearby and relaxes at the sight of Damian walking toward the cavern with men behind him.

Fatima comes out and rushes into his arms, hugging him tight. Damian hugs her gently then pulls away and looks her over. "Fatima, you're shaking... are you hurt..?" He questions as he puts his cape around her shoulders.

She holds it gently and looks down, "He killed my mother in front of me. And the assassins sent to protect me. He wanted me to get to you." She looks up at Damian with concern in her eyes.

"We will be fine. I will protect you." Damian puts a finger on her chin gently.

Fatima puts a hand over his, "And I will protect you..."

Damian puts a hand on her back and leads her to the others, "Father, Imbecils, this is Fatima. My betrothed."

"I'm sorry. Betrothed?" The man in a red helmet questions.

"Yes Todd. It has been arranged since birth. Let us go." Damian states and passes them, taking her onto the plane.

They sit beside each other and everyone watches in interest as the two talk in Arabic. Damian manages to get Fatima to giggle. The first to speak up, interrupting their conversation, is Bruce, "Fatima. You'll be coming to stay with us. In America, arranged marriage isn't a common practice."

"Are you saying that our relationship will not be condoned?" The girl looks at him confused.

He looks a bit taken back, "No, you two can be together if that is what you want, but people may not like the whole betrothed talk."

"I rather doubt people like a grown man dressed as a bat yet here you are." She sasses.

Dick and Jason both laugh and Damian smirks.

Bruce just smiles at the girl, "I believe you will be just fine with us."

"Of course." Fatima states.

Dick then leans over, "So you have been raised to be his wife?"

"We had been raised to rule both the league and her kingdom together." Damian explains.

"Both? Or just you Demon?" Jason asks.

"You will watch your tongue when you speak to him." Fatima snaps.

Jason raises a brow, "Really now? Or what?"

Fatima goes to stand, but Damian puts a hand on her shoulder, "Don't Habibt. He isn't worth it. They don't respect royalty the way you are used to."

"Not royalty anymore. Princess." Jason snaps coldly.

Fatima looks out the window only to see oceans and sky. Something in her posture changes noticeably and her resolve seems to break. She turns to face away from everyone and just stares out the window.

Tim groans, "Now you've done it. Good job Jason."