Don't You Remember? (Dick)

Note: I am aware the comics take this different but it is my story to you and I like it lol. Hope you do to.

You sat in the hospital for days after he was shot, just worrying for him. He asked you to marry him just days before, and now... You wipe away a stray tear, pushing the thoughts away.

Before you know it, Dick is stirring a little in the bed, waking up.

"Hey.... how are you feeling...?" You say soft, not wanting to upset him.

He was always jumpy when hurt.

He looks at you squinting a little. "Who...? Who are you?" He questions softly.

"Haha, honey, I'm not falling for that one." You comment. It's not the first time he said that playfully.

"No. Seriously. Who are you.?" He says firm sitting up some but groaning.

You put a hand on his shoulder, "Come on Dick. Rest. You..."

You are cut short by his hand grabbing your wrist a little too tight.

"I asked who you are. Now tell me." He demands.

"I... (Y/n), you fiance... you're hurting me..." you whimper, starting to feel a mixture of fear and sadness.

"No. I dont know you. I wouldn't marry a woman I dont know. Did I just come out of a coma? Is this some sort of sick game hospitals play in this stupid city?" He snaps, gripping tighter.

"Dick.. please..." You beg, trying to get your arm free of his grip.

"Answer me!" He snaps.

That's when Tim and Jason come in.

Tim snaps sternly "Dick, let her go. Now."

"Don't make me force you man." Jason adds.

Dick glares at them but let's you go. You jump up and move around to them, shaking slightly and holding your wrist.

"Who are you?" Dick firmly repeats.

"He really doesn't recognize us..." You mumble softly, fighting the urge to cry.

"I'm Jason, your second adopted brother... that's Tim, your third adopted brother.. and (y/n), your fiance... we are your family." Jason says gently, understanding.

Dick looks unsure before sighing heavily and laying back down. "Mom wouldn't adopt two kids. How long was I out."

"Only a weak... And you havent had a mother in years... you told me about her and your father though.. how good they were..." you say shyly. Tim and Jason both look a little shocked by the sudden tension and softness there is in your voice.

Dick notices the three of you and how they both look protective and worried for you. "What do you mean haven't had her?"

"She was killed, Dick... so was your father..." you say sadly, putting a hand pensively, over his.

He looks shocked and yanks his hand away, making you flinch back as he yells, "You lie! You all do! This isn't true!"

"I'm sorry... but it is.." Tim says and gently pulls you back to be away from Dick again.

"Get out. All of you. I don't want to see any of you ever again. Not after that line. Even if they are dead, I don't know you. You are nobody to me." Dick spats out.

You can't help let out a sob, losing all restraint as you leave the room. Tim looks disappointed at Dick before following you.

"Hey... ok... he will get his memory back and it will be back to normal..." Tim says putting a hand on your back.

You look at him and nod, sniffling some as you use your sweater sleave to while away tears. He pulls you into a hug and rubs your back gently.

"I hope your right Timmy..." you mumble softly into his shoulder.