Sober (Damian)

You've known each other for years. Worked together for years. Loved each other for years. Every day you find a new way to feel closer. However you are both Heroes of Gotham. Dating is a liability. The moment someone finds out is the moment the danger becomes worse. Neither of you need Gotham city to be worse. So you stay partners.

Oh, God, I'm clean out of air in my lungs
It's all gone
Played it so nonchalant
It's time we danced with the truth
Move alone with the truth
Ooh (hey)
We're sleeping through all the days
I'm acting like I don't see
Every ribbon you used to tie yourself to me

Today is for training. You are left alone to train because the two of you will use the whole cave to train. You just feel something different while training today though. You are tense, nervous? No. Maybe. But why? Is it the way you have felt for him for so long? How could it be any different then other practices?

As you train you notice your heart rate raises. This is unusual for you. Training with Damian is so usual that you never have a problem with it, so why now?

Then you notice how he keeps trying to get closer to you all the time.  Even when in the middle of a fight, he actually seems concerned for you.

Oh, God, I'm closing my teeth
Around this liquor-wet lime
Midnight, lose my mindI know you're feeling it too
Can we keep up with the ruse?
Ah ah (hey)
B-bodies all through my house
I know this story by heart:
Jack and Jill get fucked up and possessive
When it get dark

This is when you notice he feels the same as you. When he pins you down he doesn't comment that you are distracted, because he, too, is distracted. You both find the other addictive. The lust shines in both of your eyes but you have ignored it for so long.

Instead of getting off of you he just stays hovering over you. Both of your sweaty bodies breathing heavily in sync as the breath exhaled from each of you mingles together.

That's when it happens. What you always wanted, but you never thought you could have. He kisses you.

But my hips have missed your hips
So, let's get to know the kicks
Will you sway with me?
Go astray with me?
We're King and Queen of the Weekend
Ain't a pill that could touch our rush
(But what will we do when we're sober?)
When you dream with a fever
Bet you wish you could touch our rush
(But what will we do when we're sober?)
When you dream with a fever
Bet you wish you could touch our rush
(But what will we do when we're sober?)
These are the games of the weekend
We pretend that we just don't care
But we care
(But what will we do when we're sober?)
When you dream with a fever
Bet you wish you could touch our rush
(But what will we do when we're sober?)

You two get rather heated as you explore each others bodies, slowly peaking away clothes and moving in sync in a new way for both of you. The cold air makes you both desperate to keep closer, yet you both move to keep the pace. It's as though this new motion sparks not only a physical but emotional link never felt before. It's something more powerful than anything you have ever felt. Not even the Laughing Gas or Fear Toxins could compare to the intensity of every touch the two of you share.

Then everything seems to pause and you both lock eye contact. It's a moment you wish could last forever. The perfect high that you know will only last second. The intensity alone allows it to feel like hours.

Midnight, we're fading
'Til daylight, we're jaded
We know that it's over
In the morning, you'll be dancing with all the heartache

Then it's over. The rush begins to leave you and you both slowly pull apart and get dressed. It doesn't matter to either of you that this moment was probably the only, for you had each other at least once, and nothing, not even destiny, could change the fact that you both will so desperately desire the other.

Perhaps one day you both could be together for real, but until then you will both live with the aching desire to share a moment like this once more.