Another Life | Y.Jw

It was late, too late to be out no matter who you are. But still, this night a small female figure dragged her feet down the streets. It didn't help that the weather was matching her mood, it was dull, grey and raining heavily. Even after a minute out in the rain and she was already soaking wet. By now she wasn't even sure if she still were crying or if it just were rain that had landed on her cheeks.

She knew where she was going, but she didn't know whether or not she was welcome. She had been told to not come visit so soon, but this was what she needed right now. So when she reached the front door of the address she had been given, she quickly pulled out her phone, already feeling bad for what she was about to do. The phone had rung three times before it had been picked up by a tired voice.

"Jungwon-ah?" the girl questioned through the phone, earning a tired hum from the boy who laid in his warm bed and rubbed his eyes.

"Are you alright, Ji?" he questioned in a tired voice, trying to be silent, so he wouldn't wake up the other's in the shared bedroom.

"Can you come open the door?" the girl questioned, sounding to be on the verge of tears, once again.

"What?" Jungwon immediately sat up in his bed, inside the house, suddenly seeming more awake than before.

"I know you told me to not come visit so soon, but you were the only one I could think off. Please, I just need someone to talk to," the girl begged down the phone, and by then Jungwon had already thrown the blanket off him, and gone out into the hallway.

"Hold on," Jungwon called out before ending the call.

He could hear how much it was raining outside, and she was no doubt going to be drenched when he opened the door. He quickly grabbed a dry, warm towel from the bathroom before rushing out and opening the front door, only to be met by a pathetic sight.

Even though she didn't wear makeup, she still looked like a mess. She was drenched from top to toe, her eyes were red and puffy, not to mention how her clothes hung loosely on her figure, her cardigan nearly sliding off both her shoulders.

"Ji," Jungwon breathed out and immediately pulled her inside and wrapped the towel around her.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't know where-" the girl began before Jungwon shushed her.

"It's fine," he assured her and guided her to the bathroom.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up, I know you're working ha-" she began once more as he had disappeared into another room, only to emerge with some clothes as he cut her off.

"Shut up, will you?" he questioned her with a small laugh, "I don't care. Go take a warm bath, here's some dry clothes for you. I'll dry your clothes after you've taken a shower. Then you come out in the living room when you're done. It's to the right of the door here, by the end of the hallway. Okay?"

"Thank you," the girl quietly muttered as she accepted the clothes he had extended to her, before closing the door to take a warm bath.

---

Once she exited the bathroom again, she stood in clothes that were way too big for her, and with her wet clothes in hand.

"Just lay it on the floor, I'll take care of it," Jungwon urged her as he walked past her with two mugs in hand.

"Bu-" she began again, making Jungwon turn and give her a look that she knew she couldn't fight with.

She let out a small sigh before dropping the wet clothes on the bathroom floor, and hesitantly follow after Jungwon into the living room of the dorm, where he nodded for her to sit down in the couch. She slowly walked over and plopped down before pulling up her legs to sit cross legged.