Twirling| P.Sh

The sound of skate against ice sounded out through the rink, as Sunghoon went over his usual routine, whilst his trainer stood to the side and watched him. A near to bored expression rested on his face as he turned around and prepared himself to go into a jumping sequence. 

That's when he saw her. Through the windows and straight into the ballet studio, which were in the same building as his rink. She twirled easily across the floor in those pointy shoes. Looked so effortless.

Before Sunghoon could react he had hit the boards around the rink and snapped back into his senses, slowly realizing what he was doing.

"What was that? Did you just zone out?" his trainer called out from the other side of the ice.

"Yeah, sorry!" Sunghoon yelled back before getting up and glancing back at the windows to the studio, "I guess I did," he muttered.

It was funny how he was so sure he knew her. In a way she looked so familiar to him.

---

The world turned at the eyes of the girl. Once in a while she would catch a glimpse of her partner, as he helped her turn around, by grabbing her waist once in a while to push her around. As her partner stepped away she stepped out of her turns, and elegantly placed both feet on the ground, extending both hands before her eyes landed on the window in front of her. 

For a splitsecond she lost her balance at the sight of the boy skating around on the ice. She always watched him. She was so sure she knew him, something about his movements told her that.

She watched intently as he went up in a jump and for a split second, in the middle of one of his spins in the air, they locked eyes, and the girl watched as he immediately fell down on the eyes. She quickly scanned the rink, he was the only one in there. Looking over her shoulder she decided her teacher won't realize anything.

Quickly grabbing her jumper she pulled it on before running out of the studio and into the door that lead down to the rink. The cold air immediately hit her legs, which were only covered by the thin material of her tights.

"Are you alright?" she called out, rushing down the stairs to the ice, where the boy slowly were getting up to a sitting position.

"I'm just fine," he groaned and rubbed one side of his butt, before widening his eyes and looking up at the girl that stood by the boards, looking at him with big worried eyes, "d-don't worry," he stuttered out before quickly getting up on his skates and bowing to her, "I'm sorry if I interrupted your practices."

That's when it hit her, the moment he straightened up once more. He might've grown, but she noticed those eyes, and that mole no the side of the nose, anywhere.

"Sunghoon?" she questioned with a small frown on her face, making him immediately widden his eyes as he realized too, "but... didn't you move?"

"You moved," he stated and she shook her head.

"Never," she stated in confusion as he frowned as well, "do you... are you still living right across the street?"

"Not possible," he shook his head in disbelief.

The girl he had slowly fallen for over the past weeks of him seeing her dance, had all along been his long time childhood crush, who he believed to have moved away when he began skating.

"You're quite good," the girl grinned and leaned her arms on the board, acting like they never seperated those ten years ago.

"Thanks," he shyly looked down as he felt his cold cheeks heat up. She still had that effect on him, apparently.

"You still have a crush on me?" she questioned making him abruptly look up, about to deny it before realizing he never would be able to lie to that face.

"It seems," he nodded at her, "but you probably have a boyfriend, so it's fine," he assured her with the assuring smile he always sent her when they were younger. The one that said "if you're happy, then I am too".

"I don't," she shook her head making him slowly drop his smile, "so now I'm gonna assume you don't have a girlfriend, and ask you out on date."

"W-what?" he questioned in disbelief of what he had just heard.

"I mean... we haven't seen each other for ten years. You still like me, I still like you. Lets go out, catch up and see where it leads," she shrugged before grabbing onto her elbows.

"You're cold," he stated to her and she simply shrugged, "you better go. You can't get sick."

"I'm gonna go when you give me an answer," she stubbornly refused making him let out a small laugh at her. Showing that dashing smile that never ceased to make her weak in her knees.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow night," he stated making a wide smile spread on her face, "same place?"

"Never moved," she cooed at him as she began walking back up the stairs, "and Sunghoon-ah?" she called out and turned to look at him as she had her hand on the doorknob.

"Yes?" he called out to her.

"I would never break that promise!" she called out to him. Making Sunghoon immediately remember their small worded promise to each other.

"Promise me there'll never be another boy than me," the small boy extended his pinky towards the girl who sat beside him on the bench, and ate the fruits her mom had sent with her.

"Of course, Sunghoon-ah," she bluntly replied and linked her pinky with his, "when we grow up, we'll be the best couple!"

"Yeah!" the boy happily giggled at her.

As he watched her back he felt a wide smile spread on his face. The moment the door closed behind her he immediately did a small happy dance in his skates. He finally got a date with the girl he had been dreaming off ever since he was six. Even after having been seperated for ten years, they still found it each other.

"It must be meant to be," he sighed to himself with a wide smile as he watched her enter her dance studio once more. Catching her sending him a small glimpse and waving her fingers back and forth at him.

Words: 970