Pieces | J.S

Recalling all the happy memories Jake smiled to himself. Scrolling through the many pictures and videos he had of you two together or just you.

Stopping at a video he smiled as it played for his eyes. You trying to skate on his skateboard, right when the video ended you were about to fall of his skateboard. He remember how badly scraped your right knee and two palms had been after that fall. But you didn't cry, you had just sat on your butt and laughed your ass off, making him follow suit.

You had always been some sort of highlight... a beacon of happiness in his life. It had been like that ever since you had entered it. You had cheered him up when he had been in his slump during his short training time, voted for him each day for the many months you were unable to see him, called him the moment he had texted you for the first time after getting chosen to debut. Especially how you had screamed down the phone out of pure excitement. Even by that small memory he couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

He still remember that one day clearly, as if it was tomorrow and not a month ago.

He had finally gotten some time off from his usual busy schedule, and as he had promised long ago he would use his first day off to go out with you. To say you really had went out would be an exageration. You weren't exactly able to go out because of how known his face suddenly had gotten. But you had still had loads of fun nonetheless.

You had come to the dorm whilst the other boys were out to enjoy their day off. You had spent the whole day trying to bake various types of Christmas Cookies, even if it was in the middle of July. I guess you two really wanted to have Christmas in December.

Jake had never smiled wider than the moment you had left with some Christmas cookies for your small apartment. Even if you were leaving he was happy, because he knew the day after you would come back again and that time you would try and bake something else for his group members.

The only thing was, you didn't come back the day after. You didn't even get back to your apartment.

Jake vividly remembers hearing your name get mentioned out in the living room when Jay had gone to watch the news, just momentarily. Never had Jake run faster than the moment he had heard an announcer mention your name.

However it was the caption your name was connected to, he knew he would never forget.

'Young Student Killed in a Hit and Run'

They said they had found your student ID on you and immediately had identified you. You had been gone at the moment of arrival, there was nothing that could be done for you. When showing pictures of the scene a small tupperware box had been split in half and aroudn it laid crushed Christmas cookies. In reality that had probably been the thing that had made Jake realize what actually had happened, and that it was reality. The crushed Christmas Cookies.

The door to the bedroom opened and Jake glanced down at whoever had entered the room, in a way he had hoped it would be you but he knew that wasn't possible. Heeseung's eyes had immediately looked up at Jake before he had sighed at the sight.

Jake sat curled up in his bed, wearing the same hoodie he had for the past week or two. The one you absolutely loved to steal from him. The hood was pulled up over his head as he clutched his phone tightly in his hand.

"Please tell me you're not still looking at all those pictures and videos," Heeseung sighed making Jake go silent as he just looked down, "you need to let them go."

"I can't," Jake shook his head.

"Why?" Heeseung questioned and walked over to the side of Jake's bunk, "they're not coming back. But instead of moving on you're just sitting in here everyday looking through the same old memories."

"You know how people always say to follow your heart?" Jake questioned as Heeseung simply nodded, "But if your heart is in a million pieces... which piece do you follow?"

"They're still in your heart Jake, they'll always be. But for now you have to try and move on," Heeseung reminded and patted Jake's knee as Jake just shook his head.

"No, hyung... they were my heart... and now it's gone, because they're gone."

Words: 779