Appreciate Me | K.Sn

The loud bangings on my dorm door immediately woke me up. When I took too long to get out of bed and over to the door, they only intensified in sound and fastened it's pace.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I muttered as I rubbed my eyes and dragged my feet out to the door.

I looked through the spyhole in my door, immediately recognizing Sunoo's figure. I slowly opened the door, struggling to open my eyes properly.

"Sunoo? What time is it?" I questioned in confusion before he immediately attacked me in a tight hug, burrying his face in my shoulder, "are you okay?"

I didn't get answer, instead I felt my shoulder grow wet, slowly. I quickly pulled him with me inside, as he continued to cling onto me. I locked my door once again before guiding him back to my bedroom, and sitting down with him. He absolutely refused to let go of me.

"Hey... what's happening?" I softly spoke, feeling myself wake more up with my growing concern. He did not answer, he just continued to sit with his head on my shoulder and his arms tightly around me. A small sob left his mouth, immediately making me pull him out from me, "what's wrong?"

His eyes were red and puffy, his cheeks were tear stained, and he just looked like an overall mess.

"Does the boys know you're here?" I questioned him and he immediately shook his head. Making me let out a small sigh, "you don't plan on going home, are you?" I questioned and he shook his head once again.

I quickly stood up and lifted my covers before gesturing for him to get down under them. He quickly did as I gestured for him to do, and I tugged him under the blankets, as tears continued to stream down his cheeks. I hated seeing him like this.

"Now," I started and sat back down on the edge of my bed and began stroking his hair softly, "what has put a raincloud in front of my sun?"

"You appreciate me, right?" he croaked out at me, making a small frown grow on my face.

"Of course I do, what are you talking about?" I questioned, a small spark of worry started inside of me and just grew by each sob that escaped his mouth, "I love you, remember that?"

"Then why don't others?" he questioned, making my eyes immediately soften at him. I immediately knew what this was about.

"The comments got too much?" I questioned and he silently nodded, before a small sob escaped him once again, "ah, my baby," I cooed before moving down on the floor to sit on my knees, leveling my head with his, "what'd they say?"

"They all say I'm too weak because of my health, and that... I can't sing... or dance... and... and... K hyung should've debuted instead of me," he gasped for air in between his words. I hummed at him, before stroking his hair and letting my hand go down onto his cheek, wiping away a tear with my thumb.

"Do you feel weak because of your health?" I questioned him and he just did a small shrug.

"Not when I'm with my group," he shook his head at me, "but when I see the comments."

"They energize you, don't they?" I questioned him and he nodded at me, "so in reality. Yes, your health may affect you. But as long as you're loved and happy with the boys it doesn't really matter until the moment someone says it does."

"What?" he let out a small frown at me, slowly calming down himself more and more by the second.

"Your healthy doesn't make you weak, before someone tells you it does. Your mood affects your health," I pointed out to him and he hesitantly nodded at me, "and what did they also say? You couldn't sing and dance?"

"Mhm," he hummed at me.

"If that was true, would you have ever been on the show? Would you have gotten so many global votes that you placed first in part two? Would you have debuted?" I questioned him, making him go silent, "the career you've chosen is filled with such critisism, but you weren't chosen by global fans, you were chosen by professionals, they know what they did when they decided on putting you in the group. They would not jeopardize the group's future by putting someone who can't sing or dance in the group. Am I right?"

"I guess you are," he muttered with a small nod.

"Now... lastly. There is a good reason you were chosen instead of K," I sighed at him.

"But he's so much more talented, he can dance, he can sing, he can rap," he listed for me in exasperation, making me let out a small laugh at him.

"The reason they chose you for the group, is because you would balance it out just perfectly. It would look weird if K was in the group instead of you. It would look all off. Sure, he is talented, but so are you. There weren't any better choice than you for the group," I pointed out to him, making him look at me with big eyes.

"You think so?" he muttered in shock.

"I know so," I nodded at him.

"Thank you," he quietly muttered at me, making me smile softly at him.

"Now, you want to stay here, or you wanna go home to the boys?" I questioned him and he glanced up at me.

"Can I stay here?" he muttered and I nodded at him.

"Of course," I assured him.

"Can you sleep with me?" he muttered and opened his arms to me.

I smiled at him before laying down beside him, making him immediately wrap his arms around me, and burry his face in my shirt. I sighed at the sight before wrapping my arms back around him, slowly stroking his hair once more, to calm him down.

"I'll text the boys in the morning," I assured him and he just nodded at me, "no one touches my sun without feeling my wrath."

"Don't," he let out a small laugh, "I can't have you go around and get hurt because of me."

"I'll gladly do it," I pointed out to him and he just shook his head and tightened his grip around me.

"I need you intact," he excused.

I smiled softly at how clingy and protective he suddenly had turned, before leaning down and pressing a kiss against the top of his head.

"Try and get some proper sleep. You'll need it," I reminded to which he just hummed.

Words: 1159

Please do show love and support to the one and only Sunbeam that is Sunoo. He deserves it just as much as the other members. I just can't ignore all the mean comments I've seen towards him lately, especially on twitter. Lets protect this Sunshine.