Night Mambo | J.S

Currently book work in progress

Written based on 'Whiplash' by the boyz (Song above)

Requested by yanagirenjiidealtype

Through the past few months you and Jake had been struggling, that was no secret. Both of you were competitive "ballroom" dancers both specializing in vastly different styles. You specialized in Mambo and he specialized in Salsa. Sure they don't sound different on paper, both origin from Cuba and requires a lot of hip movements from the lady and is generally a very fast dance with small footsteps. But oh they were different, and you both quickly found out about that.

You had to teach Jake so many ways for him to move his hips around in ways the Salsa didn't teach him, meanwhile he had to teach you about trust because the Salsa contained a lot more lifts and tricks in the air that Mambo had ever done to you. So why in the world would your company put you two together in a competition? Truth be told neither of you knew, but you couldn't change their decision, that was one thing you knew.

You had practiced nonestop throughout the few months you had been given, having ups and downs, filled the room with sexual tension everytime you both had danced a bit too close, but that was almost a necessity when you danced either the Salsa of the Mambo. With time you had convinced yourself that Jake shamelessly flirted with all his partners when rehearsing, that was the only thing that made sense to you.

You quietly let out a small breath that fogged the air right in front of your face. Why the two of you agreed to do this at this time of year you had no idea of. But then again, it was your ways of relieving the stress before the competition tomorrow. Slowly a figure began moving towards you down the dimly lit park path.

"Yah! Shim Jaeyun don't you dare make me wait in this freezing cold for one more second!" you called out and he immediately let out a small laugh. Oh, the thnigs you did tohim whenever you used his name like that.

"Relax, relax," he let out a small laugh as he walked up and dropped his bag besides yours, on the cold bench, "you ready to dance?"

"This better warm me up," you hummed as he got out his small bluetooth speaker to connect to his phone, a sheepish smile spreading on his face before he looked to you, his thick winter jacket almost making it impossible for him to move much.

"I see you got rid of the heels," he commented and glanced down at your sneakers, which you still wore despite the winter's cold weather.

"I hate those shoes," you murmured and he snickered at you as his speaker connected with his phone.

"Alright, I got it," he let out a small laugh, "warm up first?"

"Very short," you hummed at him and he just nodded.

Your warm up was very short lived with the two of you jogging back and forth just talking about how your day had went. Not forgetting to throw in a few flirtatious remarks here and there.

"Alright? Ready?" Jake questioned as he got out of his jacket and you zipped yours down as well.

You quietly nodded as he started the song and quickly rushed over to you. The moment your hand was grabbed his and his other hand laid itself on your waist you immediately felt warmth spread out through your body.

The gaze you two held whenever you danced was intense, yet still playful. It was almost like you were two kids trying to tease the other more than the other could, while still having the passion for dancing running through you. 

Hadn't you been dancing you would've melted and dropped to your knees right then and there. Your heart didn't only beat fast because of the physical excercise, but it was also him. The way his flirtations had had an effect on you were almost embarrassing, but what could you really do against it? Who wouldn't fall for him if he had begun flriting with them? Even boys must be falling at his feet.

Jake effortlessly lead you around in the dance you had to bring to the competition the next day. A wide smile on his face each time you did one of the many spins you had to do, you did them so elegantly and effortlessly, not even getting dizzy, it always amazed him. You amazed him.

"Are we doing the lift?" Jake's voice was breathy as his hands let go of you to do the part where you stood individually and danced.

"Can you?" you were panting as well as you looked over at him and he just nodded before your smile widened at him, "then let's do it."

Jake grinned as he danced away from you and turned to you as you sucked in a deep breath, running right at him. Once at the right distance from him you set off from the ground and he easily caught you, almost like you were a feather. He easily swung you around his body and you clung to him as he lifted you over his head and slowly set you down again.

You were supposed to continue dancing, but once he set you down you ended up closer to him than what you usually had been. It was like the butterflies in your stomach had come a bit too late, instead of being there when you were swung through the air it instead appeared as you stared into his eyes.

You caught his eyes glancing down, they could only be looking at your lips and you did the same. His rosy lips had never looked more plush and soft than they did right now, both of you breathing heavily.

"We forgot to continue dancing," you murmured through your heavy breaths.

"You have no idea what you do to me," Jake ignored your statement, moving his eyes back up to meet yours, "do you?"

"Make you awfully flirtatious," you joked and he shook his head before seeming to gulp nervously.

"I know I always seem flirtatious... but dammit," he breathed out, removing one hand from your waist to run it through his hair, quickly returning it again, "you woke up a feeling in me I didn't even know I had..."

"Jake..." you murmured as your hands found place on his shoulders.

"I don't wanna ruin anything before tomorrow... but if you could just... tell me..." he trailed off as he glanced down at your lips once again.

"Just kiss me," you whispered and he didn't even hesitate.

Months and months of building up the urge to just kiss you exploded in him the moment his lips came in contact with yours and you could feel it. His kiss was somehow hungry but it was also so gentle and soft almost like he was scared of breaking you.