Lose to Win | Ns.R

Requested by hyukasluv

When Niki first had asked you for a study date you had immediately accepted, knowing very well you had some assignments to catch up on. The only thnig is... Niki might not completely have understood the meaning of a study date when you had showed up at his house with your books for studying, and maybe that was exactly how you had ended by the desk in his room, being the only one studying.

"You know... I'm gonna die if I don't get attention," Niki spoke up, laying on his bed, his head dangling upside down from the edge.

"You know... when you said you could help me with homework on a study date, I thought you actually meant healping," you remarked with a small laugh, noting down the answer to one of the physics questions you were trying to answer.

"I didn't think you took me seriously!" Niki loudly complained, "you know me better than me wanting to do school work!"

"Well, I might've just have hoped you finally were gonna take school just a bit serious," you continued remarking, a small smirk growing on your face.

"Yah! Give me love and attention!" Niki exclaimed so loudly you actually jumped in the chair you were seated in, "I'M DYING FROM LACK OF AFFECTION!"

You turned around in the desk chair, giving Niki a look of dismay almost as if asking him 'really?'. The only answer you got was a sheepish smile from the boy, laying on his bed, a small giggle leaving his mouth just once as you stared at him. 

"What?" he quietly questioned, the laugh he was retaining was very evident through his voice.

"You're exactly like a small kid, you know that?" you questioned with an arched brow.

"Only sometimes," he murmured, his sheepish smile quickly faltering as it was replaced by a sulky expression, "I just wanted attention..."

"Tell you what," you sighed as you glanced at the physics assignment laying in front of you, "I'm finishing the current task, and then I'm all yours for thirty minutes."

"Forty."

"Thirty-five."

"Forty-five."

"Now you're pushing it," you warned only earning a small laugh in return.

"Only one more task and you're mine for an hour," Niki just nodded as you turned back to your assignment, abruptly turning back at the wrong time indication.

"I'm seriously surprised that you're not flunking math completely," you commented in disbelief as he just looked at you with a wide smile.

As you turned back to your assignment you could hear Niki shuffling around the room, passing by you to ruffle your hair once as he quickly ran back and forth between his bed and various drawers, cabinets and shelves in his room.

"Alright Niki, I'm don-" you didn't get to finish your sentence as you turned around to the sight of an excited boy, sitting on his bed with his Nintendo Switch in front of him, turned onto a Mario Game.

"We have to play, we haven't played in ages!" Niki loudly excused as you let out a small laugh, walking over and sitting down beside him, immediately getting a small controlle shoved into your hands.

"You know I'm gonna win over you Nishimura," you reminded and he let out a small laugh, moving over behind you, so you had one of his legs on each side of you.

"In your dreams," he shook his head before placing his chin on your shoulder.

His arms wrapped around you so that he could reach his controller with both his hands. You glued your eyes to the small screen as Niki momentarily let go of you and wrapped a blanket about both of you instead, his arms quickly returning to circle you.

"If I win I get cuddles, if you win I get cuddles," Niki stated and you let out a small laugh as his chin placed itself on your shoulder once again."

"So I'm not winning anything?" you questioned in amusement as you watched the countdown start on the screen, signalling the first battle was about to happen.

"Cuddles, duh," Niki replied, almost as if you were dumb... or deaf... or both.

To be honest it wasn't really important who of you won, it would end in cuddles neither way. But you still let him win, because you knew that the serotonin he got from winning also had a benefit to you. 

Whenever he won over you in a game he woudl find his joy in pulling you backwards with him, nuzzling his face into the crook of your neck before peppering your face with small butterfly kisses, almost as if he was thanking you for letting him win.

You wouldn't let him win the first round of course, you still needed some dignity, but the second round you let him win and you got your usual flight backwards along with loads and loads of butterfly kisses.