Miscommunication Pt.2 | Y.Jw

It was cold and windy on the day of your graduation. Two years since you last moved schools to another one, where you had enjoyed your class and general life much more. 

"Arohi!" a voice called out and you excitedly turned around in time to watch your cousin running up to you the moment you stepped outside.

You grinned widely as she almost jumped on you to give you a tight hug, a hug you immediately replied. She had always been your favorite cousin, mainly because she gave the warmest and most comfortable hugs.

"Oh, and uhm... I also bring a small surprise with me," she happily spoke as she pulled away from the hug and looked at you with a wide grin.

You could only frown at her before she gave you another tight hug before excusing herself, saying she sadly had to go to work and wouldn't be able to celebrate with you. To you that made absolutely no sense... didn't she mention she had a surprise for you.

Now that you had finished high school you did find yourself in some sort of weird place, you didn't know what to do next. Sure the obvious option would be university or college, but you didn't exactly know what you were gonna study let alone where you were going to study.

A small sigh left your mouth as you looked around at your friends, the ones you had made over the past two years. They were all wandering about chatting with their family about how happy they were to finally finish high school. Yet here you were, without your family there simply because they were too busy to celebrate before dinner tonight.

For a moment your whole world paused as your eyes fell on a face you were pretty damn sure you would never see again. But your stomach still did a small turn as it smiled softly at you, a small wave following.

Even though you didn't even think about or intend to, your legs carried you right over to him, who quietly stood at the edge of the big groups of graduates and parents. Holding tightly onto your diploma you stopped a few steps away from him, quietly looking towards his face.

"What are you doing here?" you calmly questioned and a small smile spread on Jungwon's face.

"Well... you told me that if you couldn't forget about me when you moved to the new school we might be able to date," he started off, "but you never really came back. A friend of mine have been in the same year as you here, said that you were doing great and that he had trouble imagining you not smiling. So... I wanted to see it for myself and congratulate you with your graduation," he awkwardly spoke before looking down towards a small bouquet of Baby's Breath flowers surrounding a small Sunflower in the middle, "and I thought... for some odd reason... it would be appropriate for me to bring you a bouquet."

It was clear Jungwon hesitated before he let out a small sigh and extended the bouquet towards you in a straight arm. You smiled softly before grabbing the bouquet for him and muttering a small 'thank you'. 

"Well... now I congratulated you... I better go," he murmured and turned around to walk off.

Without really knowing why your hand immediately shot out and you grabbed onto his sleeve softly. It wasn't like you were yanking him back to you, but it still startled Jungwon, who immediately stopped and looked down at his sleeve in shock before looking over at you.

"If you don't... if you don't mind I'd like for you to walk a bit with me," you quietly spoke as you just looked up at him.

"You should go celebrate your graduation, it's a big day," Jungwon shook his head softly, easily brushing your hand off his sleeve.

"My parents can't celebrate before tonight," you quietly shook your head and he pursed his lips before looking around and quietly nodding.

"I have a place we can go," he excused and nodded for you to follow after him as he shoved his hands into his pockets.