Dusty Debris | K.Sn

Requested by ksanqso

It was incredible how fast everything can turn around, only seconds can change a whole life, town, city, country, even a whole world. The moment the solemn and grey color had appeared in front of my eyes as I finally opened them, only a small ray of sunlight breaking through a small opening between two pieces of debris, panic had immediately overtaken my body.

I felt paralyzed, I couldn't move. The space I had was limited and I could barely move my legs, the only thing that has enough space was my chest that had enough space to continue breathing. 

But I wasn't alone. I knew I couldn't be alone. Someone was with me when the earthquake hit. But the processing of the shock was still making it difficult for me to remember who had been with me just before.

It was like I could only hear their laugh for me. But his laugh was so distinct and bright enough for me to immediately recall his face, and then his name.

"Sunoo?" I called out, getting no reply. For a second I had found comfort in calling out his name but with no reply it was immediately replaced with pure panick, "SUNOO!?" somehow an earpiercing scream escaped mas I tried to push away the debris on top of me, "Sunoo!"

Slowly my screams turned into small panicked whimpers. I couldn't push the debris away no matter how hard I tried, and no one sounded to be nearby. At least it seemed like if anyone was neary they were most likely dead.

"Yell out my name again!" a familiar voice yelled and immediately relief washed over me, making me take in a deep breath, screaming out of pure desperation.

"Sunoo!" I screamed with all the might I had, continuing to repeat his name over and over again before I could hear things moving above me.

Before I knew it my eyes were blinded by sharp sunlight. The sun was immediately shadowed from my eyes as Sunoo's face popped into my view, a worried expression written across his face as he reached down and helped pull me out of the small hole I had been laying in.

Sunoo's face was partially covered by grey dust, and so was his hair. But instead of tending to it he immediately ruffled my hair and dusted off my shoulders and arms for me, wiping my cheeks off as well.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" Sunoo immediately questioned as I just stared around in confusion. 

All around us buildings had either disappeared completely or only had half of the building standing back. Meanwhile the street was filled with debris and dust.

"What happened?" I murmured and looked back at Sunoo, who let out a small sigh before looking around, resorting to quietly holding onto my hand.

"Earthquake," Sunoo shortly replied before looking back at me, "you panicked and got out of my sight before everything began falling down. Do you have any idea how worried you made me?"

"Sorry," I murmured, my voice feeling quite hoarse as I spoke.

"You need water," he quickly decided and pulled me along over the fallen debris, "watch your step."

I quietly tried to keep up with him, stumbling over a few bricks and iron bars here and there. Looking back Sunoo quickly caught onto my disorientation. Without a word he reached out and wrapped an arm around my waist, lifting me over some debris and placing me down right by his side.

"Where's water?" I whispered, feeling my throat dry out more and more for each time Sunoo lifted me over a pile of debris to get to the solid ground where there wasn't that much climbing to do.

"There should be a convenience store that laid nearby. We might have to look through some piles but it should be possible to find a bottle of water," Sunoo excused as he set me down on the ground, finally away from all the debris, "it'll be fine."

I quietly hummed before grabbing onto his wrist, in order to not get lost despite the chance being very slim. The moment I had grabbed onto his wrist I immediately felt something warm and sticky, that caught my attention.

Much to my horror I looked down towards Sunoo's arm, seeing at least half of it covered in a red and sticky liquid, which streamed from somewhere near his shoulder.

"S-Sunoo?" I whispered and he hummed turning back to me, "you're bleeding."

"I am?" he questioned and turned his arm to look at what I was seeing, "oh... that's... that's not good."

It wasn't like he was bleeding a little bit, it was actually quite a lot he was bleeding. We probably have to stop it soon in order for him to not lose too much blood.

"I think I'm gonna need to sit down a bit," Sunoo excused and hesitantly sat down on the ground, his face slowly going paler.

I knew he wasn't that good with the sight of blood, but it had never been a problem before when one of us had gotten a paper cut or such. But then again... this wasn't some small paper cut, this was a serious wound on his shoulder.

"Sunoo," I called out, making him hum and turn his head to look at me, his eyes seeming quite distant as he did so, "stay with me... please."

"I will... I will," he quietly assured with a lazy nod, "I just... need to lay down a bit."

Leaning back on his healthy arm he closed his eyes for a second as a frown grew on his face. I couldn't tell whether or not he was pain or he was just nauseous.

All at once Sunoo's eyes opened wide as he looked over at me. I gave him a small frown as he just looked ta me. Before I could react his eyes rolled backwards and he collapsed on the ground behind him.