Actually | J.P

Requested by Noralin12

For as long as you had been in your current relationship, for as long could Jay remember disliking it. Not necessarily because you were dating anyone but him (that was only a small part of his problem). The main grudge he held against your relationship was the countless times you had been outside his door in the middle of the night, crying or bawling your eyes out over the idiot you were with. 

And guess what? Everytime you would go back to him like you never had stood on Jay's doorstep crying enslessly.

That's why Jay knew he had to talk to you about it somehow. But seeing as you had gotten clear message that you were not to visit Jay in his appartment anymore he had to be a bit more creative. Inviting you to your favorite cafe should be enough. If you were to get caught by your boyfriend you could always brush it up to it being your favorite cafe and Jay's endless and hopeless search to talk to you in some way, now that you technically weren't allowed to.

"You ordered cake?" was the only thing that came from you as you sat down across from Jay. A pretty cake standing alone on it's platter just outside your seat, which had been saved since Jay arrived at the cafe - almost two hours too early for your meeting.

"Your favorite," Jay nodded shortly, "the queue was long when I got here and I wanted to ensure you got a piece," he finished his small lie, glancing around the cafe.

"How nice," you grinned widely and started poking to the cake with the fork beside your plate. Humming quietly before eventually looking up at Jay. Still not having taken a bite out of the piece in front of you, "why did you want to meet up?"

"It's about time we talk," Jay sighed and crossed his arms over his chest, staring at the piece of cake instead of you. It seemed way easier that way, "about your relationship."

"There's nothing wrong with my relationship. I've told you, I'm just a bit sensitive these days so when we get into a small fight I need loads of fresh air," you excused with a small chuckle. Only earning a glance from Jay, "it's fine."

"You know you could do so much better right?" Jay questioned and you continued staring at him once he finally raised his eyes to look at you, "as your best friend it is first and foremost my duty to ensure that your relationship is good for you, and if not I have to attempt to break it up. So that's what I'm gonna do. Your boyfriend deserved to be sent to a deep shithole down in hell."

"Jay!" you exclaimed in shock and was about to stand up and walk out.

"Please just sit back down and listen to me," Jay immediately sighed and you glanced varily at him before agreeing to doing so, "he doesn't deserve you and you know that."

"Do I?" you questioned in amusement. Refusing to see the truth about your realtionship and how it was extremely unhealthy for you.

"You do," Jay nodded, "all anniversaries he has been out drinking with friends, not even mentioning the anniversary to you. I don't care how many nice gifts he buys for you to stay-"

"I don't like the gifts," you quietly admitted and Jay immediately waved it off.

"It's not my point. You do more for him than he does for you," Jay sternly pointed out.

"Such as?"

"You listen to the music and try to get yourself into the same interests as him," Jay shortly replied, "and he does none of that for you. I actually wish that you two break up, because you deserve at least 10 million times better than that asshole."

"I just want a nice long lasting relationship for once," you admitted quietly. Knowing well that Jay was speaking the truth you had refused to see for so long, "I just wanted someone to love and care for me," you continued before dropping your fork by the cake.

"So why are you with him? He's not the one for you. I think it's painfully clear," Jay sternly reminded.

"Because who else should it be?" you muttered and Jay looked at you in frustration, desperation and sorrow. All at once, "who else would want to?"

"So many!" Jay had almost yelled before he had to stop himself and run both his hands through his hair. Licking his lips as he frowned and tried to find a way to calm himself down in this situation, "at least eat some cake."

"I don't want to," you shook you head and grabbed your elbows tightly.

"Please... you're killing me here," he whispered almost. A bright contrast to the volume of his voice just before, "each night you show up crying outside my appartment I feel y heart break away one by one. Just please break up with him. You can do so much better. You deserve so much better. I don't care how lowly you think of yourself, but no one deserves such a bad boyfriend, You at least deserve someone who remembers your anniversaries and your birthday."

"Where will I find someone that does that?" you chuckled in sad amusement. Finding it hard to beleive such a man even exists.

"Every anniversary, every birthday... I stood ready for you," Jay gently reminded, "I had something planned in case he didn't."

"I can't just be single forever, Jay," you reminded him.

"Then date me," Jay shortly replied and you looked at him in shock, before he had to let out a heavy sigh, "actually... I like you a lot."

Once you didn't reply Jay let out a small chuckle and adjusted himself in his chair. 

"I actually always intended to date you, not just settle for best friend. But both is just as good," Jay continued, sending you a small smile. The sweet small smile you had been so used to for so long, but suddenly made you feel a lot more different about your bestfriend.