Cupboards | L.Hs

Requested by DeobiEngene224 , hope it's somewhat what you wanted to get!

I quietly sat by the kitchen counter, my chin in my palm as I watched my new husband try and set up the cupboards in our kitchen. Just having moved in together.

"They're a bit... oblique... isn't it?" I carefully questioned and Heeseung immediately stopped screwing in the back of the cupboard.

"You're kidding me," he sighed deeply before stepping down from the stool he was standing on and just stared at the cupboard that surely didn't hang straight.

The marriage had come out of the blue, apparently some agreement our parents had had ever since we were kids. I guess you could call it an arranged marriage, but unlike most arranged marriages that all seem miserable and sad, Heeseung and I had an advantage. We already knew each other, so it wasn't as awkward, and to make things a bit easier for me I did have a crush on him during our middle school days, one that surely had gone away ages ago.

"What kind of husband am I if I can't even put up kitchen cupboards!" he loudly exclaimed as he threw his arms up in the air, gesturing towards the cupboard in front of him.

"Sadly... my husband," I let out a small sigh and he immediately whipped around to look at me while I just tried to supress my laugh.

"What do you mean by sadly?" he gasped at me, "you're lucky... you're one lucky fu- you know what I mean!"

"Oh so I'm lucky?" I let out a small laugh at him as he just began nodding, "I'm so lucky... so lucky that my husband at least knows how to cook ramyeon, steals the blanket at night, always occupies the television to play his fifa and that he can hang up oblique cupboards... how extremely lucky I am."

"At least I am handsome," he remarked and pointed a finger at me. I let out a small laugh before just nodding at him.

"Sure he is," I hummed with a small nod.

"Do you have any idea how many girls would sell their kidney to marry me?" he questioned and I continued to try and keep in a small laugh, "there is a lot."

"Then I'm just lucky you didn't get to choose who you wanted, huh?" I commented and he just snickered at me before turning back to his cupboards, seemingly trying to figure out what in the world to do with those horribly oblique cupboards.

I quietly smiled at his figure standing there, remembering the agreement we made on the wedding night. Normally people would do... you know... make love. But we had just laid beside each other in bed, still in our clothes. Him in his nice tux and me in an extreme wedding dress my aunt had picked out for me. We just laid there in silence for a while, quietly contemplating what to do until we had agreed on trying to fall in love with each other. 

"We should at least give it a try... fall in love, you know?"

A soft smile stayed on my face as I remembered his words. As he stood there now, his back turned to me, face folded in concentration on hos to fix the cupboards. It wasn't unimagineable that I would be able to fall for him again.

"Ah what do I do?" Heeseung quietly muttered as he reached over to scratch the back of his head.

I quietly got up from the seat I sat by before walking over and quietly wrapping my arms around him from behind. Instinctively he lifted his right arm and I carefully sneaked under it so his arm draped over my shoulders while I just engulfed his waist.

"You know... it has some charm to it," I commented and he let out a small laugh, "sure... our plates might be a bit pressured on where they should stand, but that's some excitement as well, isn't it?"

"I'll fix it tomorrow," he sighed and ran a hand over his face, "I still have to set up some other things here and there.

"And what gave you the impression that you have to do absolutely every handyman job in this appartment, hm?" I questioned him with a small laugh as he just closed his eyes and smiled slightly, "what I think you need... go in our very fine living room," I let out a small laugh at the reminder that our living room only consisted off a television, his playstation and one small couch, "lay down on our couch. I'll get you a blanket and snacks, meanwhile you... watch whatever is your comfort show. You need a good laugh, because I miss that bright laugh that you emit when you reach your peak happiness."

"You think so?" he hummed and looked down at me.

"Sorry, I didn't say think anywhere in that sentence," I pointed out to him and a wide grin spread on his face.

"Oh but you did... right at the beginning when you said 'I think you need-' and then you continued with the whole comfort show and snack thingy," he waved his hand around as he explained.

"You know what I mean... just go rest a bit," I insisted and softly pecked his cheek as a small giggle escaped him, "I'll bring food, snacks, drinks, blankets and pillows."

"Cuddles too?" he questioned in a slightly lighter tone than usually.

"If you do as I say right now," I nodded at him and he grinned widely before letting his arm around my shoulders fall.

I smiled softly as I let go of his waist and softly began pushing him out in the living room where he plopped down on the couch with a wide grin.

"Oh and..." I slowly trailed off as I stood in front of him, his head immediately tilting back to look up at me while his fluffy hair danced around his head in a bouncy motion, "uhm... I have something to say."

"Say," he smiled and I slowly began fiddling with my fingers as I hesitated a bit. 

I don't know why I was nervous, it's not like he could just escape no matter what I said. Then he would have to get a divorce, which our parents surely wouldn't be happy about.

"I think I'm slowly falling in love," I whispered and his grin only spread as he quickly grabbed onto one of my hands and rubbed his thumb over my knuckles.

"About damn time," he commented, "I've been waiting for four years now."

"Oh my god," I complained and covered my face with one hand as he just let out a bright laugh, "and here I thought I was good at this because I already was falling! It's not fair when you've had a headstart of four years!"

"Love you too!" he cooed out as I quickly marched out towards the kitchen.

"Shut up Lee!" I hissed back and he just continued to laugh loudly at me.

This surely was gonna be an interesting marriage no matter how it was gonna go, but right now it was off to a good start.