Goldfish | J.S

This was requested by VanessaSouza366482

Soul-sentences// In which a simple sentence develops on your wrist over the years as your meeting with your soulmates nears. The sentence is supposedly the first thing your soulmate will say to you.

It's not like my mark slowly developed over time, oh no, quite on the contrary. One day I had simply been out with friends, and bam! It had suddenly appeared on my wrist out of the blue, quite vibrant actually. We had all stared at it for a good time at it's sudden appearance before one of my friends had broken down in laughter. I understood him.

'Aren't you a pretty little goldfish?'

So in the past week I've never heard the end of my soulmate being an absolute weirdo if that was the first thing they were going to say to me.

"Look, I'm just telling you. He can't be mentally stable," Sunoo stated before shoving a whole piece of chicken in to his mouth.

"You know... it is the fewest people who go around and call other people for goldfishes," Sunghoon chimed in, in agreement.

"Who knows? Maybe my sentence is equally as weird," I shrugged at them, "for what I know theirs can be worse."

"Worse than that?" Sunoo pointed to my wrist with their chopsticks, whilst wearing a judgemental look, "if it is worse I think we might as well admit you to an asylum."

"Whatever," I simply shook my head, "you know what? They're probably much better looking than you two."

"Ah, you really think that as possible?" Sunghoon cheekily grinned and I just nodded at them.

"Either much more better looking or hopefully much smarter," I stated, "or both..."

"Smart? With that sentence?" Sunoo arched a brow at me in disbelief.

"And hopefully a much lesser drama queen," I commented making him let out a small gasp at me, "oh you heard me."

"She's so mean," Sunoo complained as Sunghoon just let out a small laugh at the younger boy.

After we had finished eating we all decided to part ways, and I quickly grabbed my bag before slinging it over my shoulder and rushing to the busstop, to wait for my bus. Sunoo and Sunghoon had gone their own ways, since Sunoo had lost a bet and for that reason had to learn one of Sunghoon's ice skating routines. I did expect to get a call from one of them within an hour to come to the hospital. Either because Sunoo has broken something or because Sunghoon got his eyebrow shaved off by Sunoo whilst they were skating. One of those would be quite a good possibility after all.

"Aren't you a pretty little goldfish?" a voice spoke up and I immediately turned and look at the boy who was sheepishly grinning at me. He was quite a handsome dude if I had to say so myself. It's a boy like him that definitely would make both Sunoo and Sunghoon shut up simultaneously.

"I'm a what now?" I questioned him making him point to my shirt, which had blue and white stripes.

"Your goldfish," he pointed to my shirt, meaning one of the small goldfishes that interrupted the striped pattern before his mouth quickly went agape and he gasped at me, "your wrist, show me your wrist!"

"What? No!" I exclaimed at him and clutched my arms tight to my chest, "are you mentally unstable or something."

"Show me!" he urged and extended his wrist towards me.

'I'm a what now?'

I widened my eyes at his wrist before slowly recalling what stood on my own.

"But... you're good looking," I frowned up at him making him let out a happy giggle.

"Why wouldn't I be?" he cockily questioned and wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

"Because that's an absolute mental sentence to tell a person!" I exclaimed at him making him sigh and run a hand through his hair. So frigging fluffy.

"Just show me your wrist," he urged and I hesitated to show him, but as I did his eyes widened, "how much did you get teased from this?" he widely grinned.

"You have no idea," I sighed before pulling my wrist back to my chest.

"I was told you would be absolutely insane," I shrugged before turning back to look for my bus. I was awfully calm in this situation, compared to how I thought I would be.

"Who says I'm not actually a serial killer?" he questioned in a deep voice before casually grinning.

"With that smile, it wouldn't even surprise me," I commented making him let out a small laugh.

"So my plan did work," he stated making me look over at him in confusion, "I always say weird things to people when I first meet them, all in the hopes of my soulmate having something absolutely ridiculous written on their body, forever."

"Sure you're not insane?" I questioned him and he just shook his head.

"It's a way to claim them you know?" he remarked with a small smirk, "to make sure no one could pretend to be me before I got to them."

"So... what now?" I questioned him in confusion.

"Right, here's my number," he extended a piece of paper towards me with a series of numbers scribbled down, "always had it, just in case you would come along," he excused and I hesitantly nodded before taking the piece of paper into hand, "I'm Jake by the way."

"Jake," I muttered to myself with a small nod before watching my bus pull up in front of us, "uhm... that's my bus... so yeah... I'll go."

"Text me," he reminded before casually leaning down and placing a kiss on my forehead.

I widened my eyes and quickly turned into the bus, trying to hide how flustered I had gotten. I kept an eye on Jake as the bus began driving off, he continued to stay by the bus stop with a fond smile on his face and I just caught a glimpse of him happily jumping up in the air before the bus turned a corner and my phone began ringing.

"What is it?" I questioned immediately recognizing the phonenumber.

"Can you come to the hospital?" Sunghoon questioned making me sigh. Of course.

Words: 1046