Miscommunication | Y.Jw

Requested by ArohiK123

It had become a habit that you kept you kept your head down and your gaze directed at your shoes whenever you walked down the hallways, only looking up when you had to make sure you actually walked the right way around the school.

It was the mindset that if you couldn't see them, then they couldn't see you. You would become invisible the moment you weren't looking at people, and recently that had been an ability you had been more than happy about.

But yet... there was one particular person you weren't invisible. What was the chance, that the person you tried to avoid the most was the exact person that always saw you when you walked down the hallways?

A snicker would always make it's way onto his face and depending on the situation he would part ways with his friendgroup or go with his friendgroup, just in an effort to bother and annoy you as much as possible. Oh, but if only he was just annoying. He seemed to have been blinded enough by his feelings to not realize that the annoyance had turned into bullying with time.

Keeping your eyes on the floor you felt a harsh bump against your left shoulder, which automatically made you stumble. As ridiculous as it sounds you recognized the loud snort that followed, from right behind you. No matter how much you hated that snort it always managed to make your stomach do small flips.

"Maybe if you would look up, you wouldn't be such a bother HiHi," Jungwon's voice as you managed to straighten up your back, "geez are you blind or what? Have an eye disorder that makes you not want to look at people."

"It's Arohi," you corrected calmly and immediately you heard the ridiculing chuckle come from Jungwon. It somehow always made you shrink in your spot when he laughed at you like that. It made you too selfaware of yourself.

"No it's not," he simply pointed out and placed a finger under your chin, making you look up at his mocking smile, "the name needs to fit the face, don't you think? So if your name is HiHi it is a complete recreation of the laughs you get wherever you show your face. Perfect, isn't it?" he calmly explained, sounded like venom and mock dripped from his voice with the way he emphasized the words and looked at you as if you were nothing more than a stupid little kid.

It was moment like these you had an extreme desire to wack him right in the face with the heaviest book you possessed. But you always contained yourself, for some stupid reason you contained yourself, probably because your heart always beat too fasst whenever he spoke to you. Too fast for what it should be.

But oh how today was gonna be a different day. Without any sort of hesitation you lifted the book in your hand, which, unfortunately, only was a notebook. Not even a second thought went through your mind before you swung your arms and let the notebook hit him right in the side of his face. 

Oh how you wanted to snap a picture right then and there. The disbelief on his face... priceless. 

This time you were the one who could've laughed at him. But you didn't. No, oh no you didn't. Instead you turned right on your heel and marched right into the crowd of people swarming the hallways, immediately disappearing from Jungwon's sight.

If only you had known the swarm of butterflies you had started in his stomach, once again.

In class you sat at the back, as per usual, where you preferred it. No one to bother you, and no teacher making sure you did what you were supposed to. However, you seemed to have forgotten that Jungwon took this exact same class as well.

Oh and when he entered that classroom a little too late, he was pissed. It was so painfully clear how pissed he was. One eyebrows was slightly more arched than the other, he sent you a quick sharp glare as his tongue poked out in his cheek. He completely disregarded the teacher, who was in the midst of scolding him for showing up late to his class.