Carnival Invitation | Enhypen

Books and drafts can be found on my google drive, link in bio

Jiyeon stood patiently and waited. She clutched her phone in both her hands, continously glancing down at it. What if he had stood her up? They had been at their small flirting for weeks and months by now, would he really just stand her up on their first date? She was beginning to believe it.

"Jiyeon!" a voice called out and she snapped her head up to the boy running towards her. The ends of his hair a slightly lighter brown than the rest of his hair, a small smile resting on his face, revealing a deep dimple in one of his cheeks, "I'm so sorry I'm late, hyung needed me for something."

"It's fine, Jungwon," Jiyeon softly spoke making him smile widely down at her, "lets just go, I've been able to smell the candyfloss from here for so long, and either I'm getting really hungry or nauseous."

"How about we go then?" Jungwon smiled widely and didn't even hesitate to grab her hand and intertwine their fingers before tugging her with him.

They walked their way through the colorful carneval, loud trotting music and bright lights was everywhere. They had walked around and admired the carnival for so long that they didn't even realize they had reached the edge of the space of the carnival.

"Look," Jungwon pointed towards the castle, standing on the next hill.

"How long do you suppose it has been there? People always says it's haunted and there's so many stories about it," Jiyeon cocked her head to the side as she frowned at it, making Jungwon look down at her.

"Probably hundreds and hundreds of years," he shrugged and gave her hand a small squeeze, "don't you think?"

"It must be," Jiyeon nodded at him, "you know... that type of architecture is really rare in Korea. The architecture was brought in from th European way of building, which means it can't be much older than... I'd say 800 years?" Jiyeon looked up to him, as if he held the answer.

"I don't know," Jungwon shrugged. Jiyeon had always had a flair for architecture and its history, one thing Jungwon couldn't care less about, "how about we go get a candyfloss to share?"

"Oooh, can it be blue? I don't like the pink ones," Jiyeon remarked and scrunched up her nose.

"Blue is the prettiest anyway," Jungwon nodded at her and pulled her along to the candyfloss stand, they had passed some minutes ago.

As Jungwon began tugging Jiyeon along she looked back at the castle once more, and for just a second she could've sworn she saw a light flicker in one of the windows. Just for a split second.

"A blue candyfloss please," Jungwon spoke making Jiyeon look back at him before looking up at the man who simply nodded and began making the candyfloss for them, "isn't it fascinating?" Jungwon nudged Jiyeon, seeing how dazed she suddenly seemed.

Her eyes landed back on the way the man was creating the candyfloss before simply nodding at him and smiling at how delicately the man wounded up their candyfloss.

"It looks like a small cloud," Jiyeon let out a small laugh before the man handed the candyfloss down to her and Jungwon paid, "I'll pay you back later."

"No, it's my treat," Jungwon assured and grabbed a small piece of the candyfloss before they began walking again.

"Do you think this is how a cloud must feel like to touch?" Jiyeon spoke before looking towards Jungwon, he was nowhere to be seen, "Jungwon?" she looked around herself in confusion. He had been there just moments before.

Coming to the only logical conclusion in her mind she decided he must've gone off to search for a toilet, and she simply hadn't heard him. Looking around herself she quickly found a bench to sit down while she would wait for Jungwon, with a whole lot of patience.