Permission, Sir? | J.P

After having waited for a good 20 minutes I finally called my dad. He was supposed to pick me up from school a good 20 minutes ago, and he still wasn't here.

"Hello sweetie," dad happily cooed as he took the call.

"Dad? Where are you? I've waited for 20 minutes," I calmly reminded him.

"Right, right. I'm on my way," my dad assured, "listen, I have a boy around your age in the car."

"Is he cute?" I questioned and heard my dad turn to the boy on the other end.

"Hey, my daughter wants to know if you're cute," my dad stated making me let out a small laugh.

"I want to say yes, sir," the boy replied making me let out a small laugh.

"Is he really though?" I questioned in amusement.

"Eh... I wouldn't mind if you date him," dad excused making me gasp at him, "right, I'll be there in five."

The call immediately ended as I just let out a small laugh and patiently waited until the familiar cop car turned the corner and I immediately waved my hand above my head to catch dad's attention.

"Hello, my favoirte kid," dad cooed as I got in on the passaenger seat.

"Oh please, I'm your only kid," I reminded him.

"Still my favorite," he casually shrugged as I closed the door behind him, "so... is he cute?"

I looked back to the backseat in shock, I had honestly thought dad would set him off at the station before picking me up. But I guess not. To be fair he was quite cute.

"Eh... he's alright," I casually shrugged.

"Alright?" the boy questioned in shock making me turn and look at him as I just nodded at him, "oh please, I'm terribly good looking."

"So what's his crime? Being terribly good looking or...?" I questioned dad who glanced up in the rearview mirror.

"Would I say I wouldn't mind you dating a criminial?" he questioned in disbelief, more like with a snort.

"How would I know?" I casually shrugged, "ever since mom died it's almost like you try and marry me off with whoever."

"That's not true!" dad exclaimed in defense as I just sighed.

"Just tell me what he did," I encouraged making dad let out a small laugh at me.

"He took the wrong bus and had to get a lift back. I saw him walking on the highway," dad calmly replied, "he did nothing criminal."

"Ah..." I slowly nodded at him.

"But I'll just drive you home first," dad assured making me hesitantly nod at him.

"Petition to ask a question, sir?" the boy in the backseat spoke up and my dad glanced up at him through the rear-view mirror before giving him a small nod, "may I say a compliment to your descendant?"

I couldn't help but let out a small laugh at how ridicolously formal the boy spoke, and I desperastely tried to hide my smile with my hand as I continued to look up into the rear-view mirror, watching the boy who awaited an answer from my dad.

"You may proceed," dad stated and the boy cleared his throat.

"I'd like to say you're fairly cute," the boy stated and locked eyes with me through the mirror making me let out a small laugh.

"Why thank you," I bowed my head slightly towards him.

"Permission to walk you home?" the boy questioned and I looked to dad who just slammed the brake before sighing and looking to me.

"Get out of the car, both of you," dad waved me off making me let out a small laugh and got out of the car with the boy from the backseat.

I watched in amusement as my dad drove off again before looking back to the boy, he was just a slight bit taller than me.

"Still only alright?" the boy smirked down at me and I simply shrugged.

"Might've advanced a bit in terms of looks," I excused, "and what's your name?"

"Park Jongseong, but you can just call me Jay," he shoved his hands into his pockets, "do I have to ask for permission to get your number."

"Shut up and give me your phone," I complained and extended my hand towards him.

At the end of the day he didn't walk me home, but he got my number and promised to take me out on a date some time soon. Promising his looks would be more than just alright by then.

Words: 752