Exchanging Hearts Pt.2 | Y.Jw

The pain Jiyeon had experienced at the realization that her best friend couldn't remember her, nor wanted to be around her anymore, after the surgery had almost killed her all over again. The doctor's had claimed she suffered a broken heart.

But as time passed the pain slowly went away as Jiyeon realized she got what she wanted. A happy and healthy Jungwon. Even if that happiness was on behalf of her pain.

How did her best friend turn into her bully only because of one simple surgery that helped him live a better and healthier life?

But in reality she didn't really care, or well... she did... she loved him, didn't she? She alwas had loved him, and it was first when she turned 15 that she realized that it wasn't just a friendly type of love. It had always been more than just a friendly type of love, even now all those years later when they're both 17, classmates and still neighbors. One with a burning love while the other carried a burning hatred, or at least that's what Jiyeon would categorize it as.

"Be careful," Jiyeon's mom chimed as Jiyeon just hummed and walked out of the front door to their apartment, shoving her apartment key into her pocket as she walked over and pressed the button to the elevator, soon enough a taller presence stood beside her, but not one word was exchanged, there barely was.

Jiyeon quietly lowered her head, she always reminized the old days when they stood like this every morning. It pained her they didn't stand there laughing or happily talking about something, like they used to do.

"Tsk, tsk," a sound escaped Jungwon and Jiyeon immediately knew. Here we go again, "still to weak and lazy to want to participate in P.E," Jungwon commented as he 'accidentally' shoved his elbow into Jiyeon's shoulder.

If he continued like this today she could sense that today was going to be her last straw before she snapped at him. Letting out all seven years frustrations if he didn't shut up before the day was over.

"Just let me be," Jiyeon muttered as Jungwon snorted and pushed past her as the elevator door and Jiyeon had to hesitate before walking in and quietly standing and praying he wouldn't say anything to her.

Sure enough she was lucky enough for now that nothing was said. They quietly got out of the elevator and onto the bus where Jungwon rushed to sit down with one of his friends, Shim Jaeyun or as everyone else calls him, Jake. Only leaving Jiyeon to sit by herself in the bus.

Once at school Jiyeon quietly walked down to the classroom she was in, of course getting tripped by Jungwon on her way, just for him and his friends to laugh at. But at least she made it to her seat in class before Jungwon walked in along with Niki and Sunoo, the only others in his friend group that was in the same grade as you.

The first class seemed to drag on for a while before you had to do group work. One thing Jiyeon hated more than anything. She hated group work, simply because she always was the one who had to do everything herself.

"Jungwon, Sunoo and Jiyeon," the teacher listed the last group and Jiyeon had almost coughed out her lungs out of pure shock.

"Can we change the groups?" Jungwon spoke up. The nerve of this boy, seriously, "I don't feel like working with someone who can barely lift her backpack, let alone run ten meters before almost dying."

The whole class went silent as everyone just stared at Jungwon while Jiyeon quietly arched a brow at him.

"Honestly, what is your problem?" Jiyeon spoke up. Yup there it goes, her last straw magically flying out of the nearest window. Jungwon immediately turned around in his chair and stared at her.

"My problem is you," he immediately retorted, "oh so weak that you need so many people to do things for you. Just pull yourself together and do it yourself."