Ch.24

Y/N POV
"Lavender?" Lilith questioned. "Yes, Lavender," I answered. Lilith stayed quiet and I could only hear the sound of her breathing. Soon after I heard mumbling and decided to wait.

She did a small cough and cleared her throat. "Enjoy them, Mrs. Kurta," she finally finished. I ended the call and focused on the new designs for the gift boxes. Blue ribbon or red?

LILITH POV
"Lavender?" I question and wait for her to answer. "Yes, Lavender," I arched my brow and covered the phone with my hand. Now blocking the phones mic. I look at Cherie and called her over. "Who sent Mrs. Kurta lavender?" I asked.

She gave me a confused face and shrugged her shoulders. "The company didn't have anything to do with it-," She stopped and smiled sinisterly. "Do you think it was...," she looked around and whispered into my ear.

"Mr. Kurta~" she squealed. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. Stupid people and their fantasies. "I doubt it, he would of informed you to hand them to his Lady~" I emphasized. Cherie pouted at the word lady and began to fake cry.

"It's no fair," she mumbled. I patted her back tried to not gag . "I-It's fine Cherie...you had no chance anyways he only thinks of you as more hands for the business...nothing more," I said bluntly. She gasped and stomped over to her computer. Its the truth.

Y/N POV
At least I have something to make me feel safe. I yawned and laid my head on my arms as I looked at the flowers again. I stare at the the top and scan them all the way down to the bottom.

Something about them seems odd now that I'm looking at them again. I stood up and touch the flowers. The feeling of something rustling inside making me curious. I feel the smooth surface and pull out a folded piece of paper.

"Weird?" I examine the front and back. Its completely blank on the outside. I open up card and read the small writing.

A special gift from a secret admirer, come at the park at 12:45 tonight. If you want some answers.

I shrug my shoulders and throw the note away in the small trash can. I've already read too many fanfics to know the stupid reader ends up going because their curious and ends up getting kidnapped or something, it's my guilty pleasure. I scoff and walk back to my desk.

*Time skip*

I rub my tired eyes that were beginning to burn slightly. I should of listened to him!

Before
"My love, it's time for you to retire for the day," he gave me a warm smile as I shake my head. "Are you leaving as well?" I asked. Now resting my head on my hands as I gave him a smug grin. "No, but I'm used to long work hours," He replied. I laugh and waved at him, "I'm staying until you finish, until then...let me work!"

Now
I heard knocking and looked at the clock. "You're finished?" I ask as he nods his head, looking the same as he did hours ago. I yawn again and stretch my back as I felt drained. Kurapika chuckled and grabbed my hand in his.

"I would carry you but, you have to learn to be less stubborn," he explained. I nod my head and follow him inside the elevator. "What time is it?" I ask. He pushes the bottom floor and wraps his arms around me. I'm placed in front of him as my back hits the front of his chest.

His sweater acting like a shield as I stare blankly ahead. "It's 11:23 why?" He answers. I shrug my shoulders then realize the time written in the note. Should I pull an Y/N move and not tell him or tell him like any other decent person would do.

I gave him a small squeeze and felt him release me. "I have something I want to tell you," my voice feeling strong as I realized that it's safer to tell someone I trust. He looks at me and gives me a serious expression. "Whatever it is, don't be afraid to tell me everything,"

I stare into his eyes and nod my head firmly. The elevator doors open as I exit beside him. It's safer to say it at home, otherwise they would probably be listening to us. I think about my wording the whole way to the house and hear him unlock the door.

He opens it as I quickly enter and pull him inside. I lock the door and take off my jacket. What if they are listening to us right now, they probably have secret cameras inside. Deciding to play it safe I begin to act flirty.

I hope Kurapika knows I'm pretending, I'm sure he'll follow along. "Hey, Kurapika~" I try to say seductively and brush my hand against his arm. He looks at me with his mouth wide open. I wink and he hides his cheeks in embarrassment.

"Let's have some fun tonight!" I continue acting. Before he could answer I lead him upstairs to our bedroom. I look around briskly and whisper to him. "Kurapika act like I said something flirty," he nods his head and flips us now caging me up against the wall.

"I see, I'll just have to play along... if that's you're plan." I giggle and act as if he said something 'naughty'.   He gives me a light peck on the lips. I blush and give him a quick peck on the cheek. He carries me as I wrap my legs around his waist.

He opens the bathroom door and closes it now locking it. He looks around the room and finds no cameras. He begins to search for any hidden mics and is relieved to find none. "Okay, tell me what happened," he asks. I think about the note and dig into my pocket.

Luckily I dug through the trash incase if they were to find out I threw it away. I pull out the crumbled piece of paper and hand it to him. He quickly reads through it and curses loudly. "You wanted to go in the bathroom without looking suspicious,"

I nodded my head and stared at the blondes hair. He begins to talk as I widen my eyes after hearing his next sentence.
"We're going to have to see them, tonight."