Ch.28

I opened my eyes and noticed it was still dark. For the past two hours I've been trapped in a never ending cycle. Of falling asleep and waking up. I didn't know if it was normal but I ignored my thoughts.

"What do I know...I'm just a kid in his eyes," I whispered to myself. I grabbed the bed sheet and uncovered myself. Now sitting up I slide off the bed. I stand still and listen to the noise of the house. Taking a shaking step towards the door, I made a creak.

Frick monkey lord akaku! My pulse beating fast as I widen my eyes. I held in my breath and quickly rushed to the door. The creaks more quiet once I opened it. Is it bad to spy, am I being weird? I went down on my knees and decided to crawl my way down.

I looked down at the stairs and felt my hands sweat. My body feeling both hot and cold. I put my hand on the top step and squirt my eyes. After hearing nothing I decided it was safe. I put my other hand forward and proceed to do the same on the next step.

A loud creak made me frozen as I stayed still. I soon realized it wasn't the step that had caused the noise. My heart dropping as I continued to look away from the person. They walked closer and crouched beside me. "Y/n, is this some sort of game?" the male asked.

I looked to my left and let out a sigh of relief. Thank god, it's only Killua. "No, I'm just curious," I whispered. He nodded his head and stood up. "Okay, goodnight," he said softly. I waved as he walked back inside the room. I made my way down the stairs and sat still at the bottom.

What was I thinking?! Even if I succeed, he'll hear me going back up. I held in my breath and saw the kitchen light on. I crawled up close and faced my back of the wall. The light now brighter as my eyes adjusted. I placed my ear on the wall and tried to listen.

All I hear is mumbled words, I should of stayed upstairs. I crawled up to the couch and waited for the male to finish. I'll just hide under the blanket, he won't notice. I stand up and the lights flicker on. Kurapika stood in the doorway of the room. My face surprised as I stayed still.

"What are you doing down here?" He asked. I grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around me. "I was cold," i replied. He crossed his arms and gave me a blank stare. "We have two blankets and an extra one," he said calmly. I hide my nervous state and acted unaware.

"I'm sure there is a reason why you came down here," he finished. He came closer as I stayed in place. My heart beating faster as I thought of an excuse. "I had a nightmare," I said softly. Kurapika's hard expression now soft as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Ahh, I see," he nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck. "Do you want me to go back in bed with you," he says kindly. My hands now holding the blanket tightly as I nod my head. He grabs my hand and leads me up the stairs. I wonder what took him so long, does a quick phone call really last 2 hours?

My mind swarming with possible reasons as he opens the door. "You might be a young woman, but you're still a child," he whispered softly into my ear. A chill went down my spine as I looked at his face. "Don't worry, you have plenty of time to grow," he says reassuringly.

We both go on the bed and cover ourselves with the blanket. Kurapika taps my cheek and I look at him. "You might act like a child, but at least you're more mature than Killua and Gon," he says jokingly. I nod my head and wrap my arms around him.

Kurapika gives me a small squeeze and relaxes in my arms. "Goodnight, Y/n," he coos. "Goodnight, Kurapika," I whisper loud enough for him to hear.

"Shut up, Y/N's still sleeping!" I open my eyes and lay there. The bed too comfortable as I dart my eyes to the side of the bed. Already knowing Kurapika was gone. I was surprised to see him sleeping peacefully. I don't think I've ever seen him sleeping? He's always gone by the time I wake up.

The sight making my heart beat fast as I stare at him. The light from the window showing off his porcelain skin. It looked soft as silk and had no sign of any marks. Just perfection. His hair framing his face perfectly. I blinked my eyes and felt him shift to the side. I stretch and exit the bedroom.

Its best to let him rest. I entered the bathroom and splashed some water on my face. I gently patted it dry and looked through the basket. Extra toothbrush's, why does that make sense. I unwrapped the toothbrush and cleaned my mouth.

I put lotion on my hands and exited the bathroom. The warm morning air making me feel comfortable. "Oh, Y/n is up," Gon said surprised and tapped Killuas shoulder. Killua looked at me and quickly looked at Gon. "You woke her up!" he shouted. Gon apologized as Killua held him by his shirt collar.

"No, I woke up on my own," I interjected. Now taking a seat at the dining table. "Leorio knows how to cook?" I ask the two. They shrug their shoulders as we look at the taller male. "Yes I do know how to cook," he explains. Killua pulls Gon and I closer as he points at Leorio's apron.

"He knows how to cook since he's an old man," he whispers.
Leorio turns around and gives us a glare. "My sixth sense is tingling," he says slowly. Killua gives him a blank stare and puts up his hand. "Because you're an old man." Leorio turns red and begins to yell, "I'm close to your age?!!"

Gon and I laugh as we watch the scene before us. "Is Kurapika an old man then!" He says boldly. Killua shakes his head and slammed his hand on the table. "He's a little older, but not a boomer!" His words piercing Leorio's esteem as the older male falls on the ground.

"Killua shut up, you're younger than all of us....combined," I say confidently. Gon widens his eyes and holds in a laugh. Killua darkened his eyes and brought his hand up. "I will hit you, woman!" He yelled. I brought my hand up and grabbed him by the ear. "I'm only a couple months younger than Gon!" He shouted.

"I swear if you bully Leorio again, we're going to bully you," I warned him. Killua scoffs as I let go of him. He rubs his ear and looks at Gon. "Not everyone, right Gon," He said confidently. Gon stays silent and sweat drops. "I'm not apart of this," he says politely.