Ch.2 Delicates

"You've met before!" I tried to look behind the man but was stopped by my mother. Her hand making contact with my shoulder as she gave me a smile. "Y/N, wait for them to come out"

I nodded my head and walked away from the man. My shoes clicking on the wood floor as I walked away from the adults and towards my chair.

I looked at the window and smiled when I saw Gon and Killua playing tag. Killua was chasing Gon and had noticed my gaze on them. He slightly waved at me and I waved back.

He continued to chase Gon and I let out a giggle. Why can't I play outside...they look like their having so much fun. "Y/N, come over here"

I tilted my head towards her direction and nodded my head as I dusted off my dress. My mother grabbed my hand as she placed me in front of her.

"Y/N, say hello" I looked at the man and he grabbed something from behind him. He then placed them in front and I felt my mother slightly pushing me forward.

An older boy was in front of me he looked like he was a good 3 years older then my age. "Say hello" the man pushed the boy forward and I took a small step back.

"Hello I'm Y/N L/N..." I looked down at my shoes and felt a wave of nausea. "I'm Kurapika Kurta..." I felt my hand getting held and I quickly looked up from the ground.

Kurapika gently placed his lips onto my hand as I frantically looked at my mother. She smiled and covered her mouth with her hand as she looked at the man beside her.

"T-There is no need for you to do this" I pulled my hand back and traced the area his lips had touched. Its disgusting...having a boy kissing my hand, he probably has cooties!

"How long will I be staying here Miss L/N" my mother had stood in between us and I took in a deep breath. My head feeling mixed with thoughts about things I wasn't sure about.

"Oh you'll be here for a couple of years...if that is fine with you?" Kurapika looked around the room and nodded his head. "Yeah that's fine with me"

I tugged on my mother's dress and she looked down at me. I nervously scratched my cheek as I looked over towards the window. "I thought we were going to move?"

My mother had gave me a smile and she looked back at Kurapika. "Well...staying with us and moving with us" he looked at me and stared as he replied to my mother.

"It's fine" I walked towards the stairs and heard my mother call out to me. "Y/N, go show Kurapika your room!" I turned around and saw the taller boy standing there.

I told him to follow me as we both walked up the stairs. I opened my bedroom door and suddenly felt my heart rate quicken. Why do I feel nervous...

"It certainly looks different from the last time I was here, huh" He grabbed a duck plush from my bed and stared at it. I walked towards him and poked his shoulder.

"How old are you?" He placed the duck down and I sat down on my bed. Kurapika had asked me for my permission and I let him. He climbed up and sat in front of me.

"I'm 14...How old are you?" He pointed at me and I widened my eyes. I grabbed my cat plush and placed it on his lap. "I'm 9 years old" he grabbed the cats paws and made it do a dance.

"So I'm older...weird?" I arched my brow as I looked at the cats movements. "What's weird?" I grabbed the duck and made it fly around the cat. Kurapika giggled and placed his hand onto mine.

"Well, it's weird knowing how much younger you are from me" I pulled my hand back and stuck my tongue out at him playfully. "Well it's weird to touch other people"

I stood up from my spot and balanced myself on the bed. Kurapika looked up at me and I pointed a finger at him. "Who's taller now!" He stood from his spot and placed his hand onto my head. "Still me!"

I sat back down and pouted as he grabbed his bag from the floor. The small suitcase grabbing my attention "what's inside?" He stayed silent and unzipped the bag.

He pulled out some clothes and stood up from my bed and walked to the middle of the room. "Where can I put this?" I pointed at my dresser and he nodded his head.

He opens the third drawer and I let out a gasp "NO DONT LOOK IN THERE!" He looked inside the drawer and pulled out a pair of my delicates. "It's just delicates?"

He placed them back and opened the last drawer which was empty. "It's still weird...what if I were to..." I looked at his suitcase and slowly lifted it open. I rummaged through the clothes and found a pair of undergarments.

"What were you saying again?" I grabbed the pair and held them in front of me. Kurapika had turned around and his face had turned into a pinkish hue. I wonder why he's red?...is he allergic to something.

"Are you allergic to something?" Kurapika grabbed the undergarments from my hands and stuffed them inside the drawer. "No I'm not," he answered. I was about to argue with him but decided to leave it at that.

"See, it's bad to touch others delicates!" I said triumphantly. I rummaged through the top drawer and pulled out a simple night gown. I undressed myself and heard Kurapika let out a squeak. "What are you doing!"

I looked at him and rolled my eyes "Changing into my night wear?" He covered his eyes and turned his back towards me. Older people sure are weird..I hope I never act weird like them.

"Kurapika are you going to change?" He turned around and shook his head. I looked inside his drawer and pulled out his night wear. I handed it to him and tugged on his pants.

"Do you not know how to change?" He shook his head and I smiled in relief. "Okay...then change!" He looked down at the ground. I lifted his head up and giggled at his red cheeks.

"It's alright...No ones looking!" I crossed my arms as I looked at the taller boy in front of me. He gave me a deadpanned look and shook his head. Its not bad, I do it all the time in front of mother.

He sighed and placed both of his hands on my shoulders. He crouched down to my level and smiled. "You'll understand when you're older," he said softly. Before I could answer he stood back up and gently walked me towards the door.

"Wait out here, okay," I nodded my head and leaned against the now closed door. Like I said before...Older people are weird. After a couple of minutes I heard the door unlock and I was let in. He pointed at his sleepwear and began to giggle. "Do you like sheep?" He asked. He waited for me to answer.

After a couple of minutes I gave him a giggle. "Yeah," I said unsure, as if their was only one right answer. It was then I realized how different we were. Both in age and mentality. For some reason a question like that felt like I was answering a question like, "How would you stop world hunger?"

"Are we sleeping on the same bed?" He asked. Kurapika pointed at my bed and I nodded my head. I jumped onto the mattress and smiled. "Yup...if that's alright with you..."

Kurapika walked towards the door and yelled down at the adults. "We're going to bed Miss L/N, goodnight!" He closed the door quietly and pulled the bedsheet up.

I rolled over towards the wall and gave him some room. He laid down and I turned around to look at him. "It feels weird having someone else in my bed," I whispered.

Kurapika grabbed the duck plush and snuggled into it. "You've never had a sleepover?" he whispered, and I nodded my head slowly. "It's embarrassing," I covered my face and heard Kurapika giggling.

"I've never had one either" I uncovered my face and shyly grabbed the duck out of his hands. The soft fabric making me feel comfortable as I held it against my chest. "I guess we both have something in common," he said relieved.

He gave me a smile and closed his eyes amd turned his back towards me. I let out a sigh and turned around towards the wall. He's not so bad...I was expecting worse.
_______________________________
A/N: please vote if you enjoyed the chapter...you don't have to. Have a good day/night~