Ch.11 change

"Excuse me for a moment" Kurapika bowed and grabbed my wrist as he took us outside the office. I still held the paper in my hands, as we passed the lady I had ignored earlier.

"Where are we going!" He stayed silent as we both entered a dark room. A click had caused the light to turn on and I looked up at the blonde.

His hand still holding onto the switch as I brought the paper up to his face. "Kurapika, what is this!?!" He squinted his eyes and scanned over the papers in my hand.

"It's the future changes for the company" he replied in a confused tone. "Why are we changing the company?" I put the paper down as I let out a sigh.

All these years I've been preparing to take care of this company, only for it to change. "This company has always been a flower business, and now its changing into a electronic distribution company!!"

He placed his hand onto my shoulders and gave me a smile. I frowned and averted my gaze from his stare. "Do you not see how this upsets me?"

All those years wasted, now I'll have to learn about devices and computers. Kurapika took in a breath and rubbed his temples as he was still processing the current situation.

"So you're upset, because of the changes" I nodded my head and crossed my arms over my chest. "Yes, I am" he groaned and opened the closet door.

We both exited as I turned off the light. "Y/N, I can't change the business, even if you're the one requesting it" I knitted my brows as I followed him back to my office.

"And why can't you change it, come on Kurapika" I growled out as I threw my arms up in the air. "You won't even change it back for a friend???"

He shook his head and I stayed silent the whole way down. "Please don't barge in again like today" I nodded my head as he opened the door.

Before I could say goodbye it was closed shut, Now I'm back inside this boring office room. I kicked the trash can in the middle of the room as it hit the wall.

A loud crash causing someone to open the door quickly. "Mrs. Kurta, are you alright!!" Pit had questioned as I nodded my head as a reply. "Just letting out some steam, continue doing what you were doing"

he slowly closed the door as I heard it clicked shut. I fixed the trash can and placed it back down on the wall. I dusted myself off as I comfortably sat down in peace.

Or at least what I thought was peace. Man it's so boring, can't this day go by any slower. The young girl had entered as she picked up the papers from my desk.

"Wait, I'm not done yet" she gave me a smile and placed them back down onto the side. "Okay, but the papers are due today...I'll give you a few more minutes" I thanked her and quickly scanned over the pile of papers.

I grabbed the sides of my head as I looked at the top of stuff that was going to be sold. "It's just electronics, nothing bad about that" I tried to reassure myself that everything was going smooth.

Your fine, it's cool, I'm as light as a petal, light as a feather, light as a.... I scribbled on the errors and corrected them. "LIGHT AS A ROCK!" I yelled and stood up from my desk.

The papers now on my hands, I exited the office. And placed them down in front of the younger girl. "If you need me, I'll be in my office" she gave me a smile and I walked away from her cuticle.

The tapping of keyboards and clicking of the mouse the only sounds in the silent office. If my mother was in this environment for most of my childhood, I wonder how she stayed sane.

"Mrs. Kurta May I have a word....in private?" I looked to my right as I saw Pit. "Yes, you may" I walked over to my office as the man had followed after me.

I wonder what he wants? I opened the door and entered, he closed it behind us and locked the the door. Which had made my ears perk up in curiosity.

"Now that were alone...I have a few words to say" he chuckled nervously and I sat down at my desk. "What is it Pit?" I stared up at him as he scratched the back of his head.

"About the incident earlier, what caused you to make that noise?" He looked down at the ground as I stared at the top of his head. "It's about business related issues"

I blankly stated, as he looked up at me. "Oh okay, Sorry for asking...This is a work environment" he turned around and exited the office, leaving it empty.

I feel bad about it...but I can't tell him personal stuff. My work phone had rung as I quickly answered it. "Hello, this is Mrs. Kurta speaking"

I said sweetly as to hide my bitter feelings swirling inside of me. "It's me again...sorry" his voice making me feel comfortable as I grinned.

"What are you doing, I told you to focus on your work" He sighed which caused a loud static noise to come out from my end. "But, work can sometimes be tiring...now that you're here...I have someone to talk to"

I tighten my grip on the phone as I widened my eyes from his sudden statement. "You're so funny, really taking this fake relationship to the next level!"

I giggled out as I felt myself panicking. I guess that was fine. "What do you mean fak—" I cut him off and made fake static noise. "The...Connection...I-Is...Kinda..bad"

I slammed the phone down and laid my head against the desk. How many times have I sighed today, ehh I can't remember.