Ch.34

"Oh," I mumbled. Kurapika looked up from his desk and scooted away from his computer. Quince was fixing up his papers and filing them away. "Y/n, I'm currently busy," he said sternly. The feeling of guilt and embarrassment overwhelming.

"Can you please go back to work," He then faced his computer and began to print out something. "I'm sorry sir," I said loud enough for him to hear. I did a small bow and left the room. Cherie sighed and looked up at me.

"I can't believe he got a PA," she said glumly. I smoothed out my vest and patted her back. "Was I not enough?" She ranted. I shook my head and looked at the people staring. "No, you're perfect Cherie," I whispered.

Now standing up straight, I walk towards my office. I guess I was overreacting. "Were just filing papers, since we saw Quince doing it," Gon explained. I trudge towards the chair and slump down. "Killua, tomorrow is a free day, right?" I asked tiredly.

"Yes it is, Mrs. Kurta," he answered. He then chuckled and turned back around. "I just wanted to say it," he said laughing. "Ha-Ha-Ha, very funny," I said unamused. The two men stop and turn around. Their faces now stern as they stared blankly.

"Did something happen," they demanded. "Curse my obvious mood of despair!" I whined. I laid flat against my desk. Now feeling the cool surface against my cheek. They both wrapped their arms around me and gave me a hug. I looked up to see their smiling faces.

"Who was it, we'll beat them up," Killua threatened. "Killua, violence is not the answer!" Gon yelled. They began to smack each other. I sat there in silence. "Ow, my nose," Gon cried. Everyone froze and broke into laughter. I love you guys so much.

The door opened and I stayed frozen in place. If someone finds me like this, I'll be the gossiping topic of the day. "Gon, huddle!" Killua shouted. The two boys shielded me from the door. "What are you two doing?" The familiar voice sounding dark.

"We-," My mouth was covered by Gon. "We we're picking up papers from the floor," Killua answered. I heard footsteps and the two pushed me under the desk. They both stood up and held papers. "Do you know where Y/n is?" He asked. "She said she was going to to your office," Gon explained.

I kicked his shin and heard his quiet yelp. "Continue working," he ordered. They salut and wait for him to leave. I heard the door click and I crawled out. "Gon, now I have to go back!" I shouted. The door swung open and the blonde stood there. "I'm not stupid," he said calmly.

He walked up to us and pointed at the door. "Leave us," he ordered. The two began to walk towards the door as I follow after them. I was held back from my collar, "Stay." Gon gave me a look of pity and closed the door. Great, now I'm either going to get scolded or asked about my feelings.

"Y/n, what's gotten into you?" He took a seat at my chair and looked up at me. I balled my hands into fists and kept my face unfazed. "What gotten into me? What's gotten into you!" I shouted. And for the first time in a while I saw something. Something I wished I could forget.

Kurapika stood up abruptly and slammed his hands onto the desk. "I asked you the question first!" He growled. I placed my hands on the desk and stared into his eyes. "Well you've been acting like a prick!" I spat out.

His brows now furrowed as I felt pure hatred towards me. Things have never been this intense. He's never raised his voice at me, like that. "You've been acting like a sensitive daisy!" He yelled. I turned my back towards him and crossed my arms. "Bipolar ass!" I hissed.

"Stupid bitch!"

"Insensitive jerk!"

"Fucking child!"

We both looked around the now dirtied room and looked at each other. Both of us breathing heavily as I grabbed a pillow from the chair. "If I'm a child then why didn't you divorce me?!" I shouted and threw it at him. He blocked it and stood up.

"I honestly don't know why I kept this marriage!" He answered. I made my way towards the door. "Where are you going!" He yelled. "Somewhere else that's far from you!" I answered. He grabbed the pillow and threw it at the back of my head.

"I never even wanted to get married!" He screamed. I turned around and stood there. The many painful things said, now sinking in. "I wish I never loved you,"he said quietly. "If that's how you feel, then have fun with your single life!" I said wailing.

I felt tears roll down my cheeks as I opened the door. My nose feeling stuffed as I heard mumbling.

"Are you single?"

"Is Mr.Kurta free"

"It must of been bad"

"How informal!"

"I'm happy they're separating"

"This is why I hate the office"

"Everyone shut up!"

"I'll get fired"

"He's right about her being a child"

"Yeah"

"At least we have chances"

"She needs someone like me"

A crowd of people blocking the exit as I frowned. I covered my face and pushed myself through the swarm. Some people following after me as I quickly entered the elevator. I spammed the bottom floor button and let out a sigh after the doors closed.

I need to leave. I reached into my pocket and realized something. I left my purse. I groaned and repetitively hit my head against the wall. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. The doors opened and I fixed my composure. "Mrs. Kurta, has work ended already?" Someone asked.

"Oh no it hasn't, I'm just sick," I answered. I grabbed my umbrella and left the building. The cold rain atmosphere giving me this sense of sadness. But it also gave this feeling of peace and serenity. I stood there in the sidewalk and looked up at the cloudy sky.

Its almost as if the universe knew the past events were going to occur. I reach my hand out and felt the cold droplets making contact with my warm palm. I felt the liquid drip down onto the pavement as I continued to cry.

"The rain is almost masking my tears," I mumbled. I walked on the sidewalk and looked at the many stores. I looked at my reflection and faked a grin. Look, I'm as happy and fresh as a daisy.

"Sensitive daisy"

I looked away and stared at the fog filled streets. The trees looking beautiful as the fog diluted their bright greens. To bluish tones. Where will I go. I can't go to Leorio's since the boys will be there. I continued to think and noticed a puddle. I ran up to it and jumped. The water splashing onto my stockings and skirt.

"I feel like a child again," I whispered.

"Fucking Child!"

I fixed my composure and held my head up high. "I guess I'm Miss. Florence," I continued to talk to myself. I finally decided on a destination and made my way towards it. After hours of walking and admiring the scenery I came to a stop. The building looking intimidating.

I walked up to the receptionist and waited. She finished typing and looked up at me. "Oh, Mrs. Kurta," she exclaimed. I smiled and pointed at the the elevator. "Are you visiting?" She asked. I nodded my head not feeling the energy to speak.

"It was nice seeing you Miss. L/n" she called out and waved. I went inside the elevator and waved back. I'll surely be scolded.