Ch.39

Y/N POV
Oh no. The building now in view as I felt like jumping out the moving vehicle. "I'll be taking an umbrella," she explained. It might rain again. "Thank you Hurston," I said full of despair. The older man smiling as we exit the car.

The sound of him driving away as I took in a deep breath. Making my composure seem confident. We both entered and instantly heard the front desk employees,"It's Ms. Florence!" My mother doing small gentle waves looking like a queen in their eyes.

I wish to be like her one day. They bowed and waited for us to enter the elevator. "Have a wonderful day," one of them said sweetly. Once the doors closed my mother still held a smile. Looking like a lady others would look up to. Trying to be like such I tried to smile.

My lips trembling I raised the corners of my lips. I finally held a decent smile and kept my back as straight as it can be. The image of a ruler in my head. Be one with the ruler. The doors opened and the murmuring making my composure falter.

I swear, I hate everyone inside this office. We'll except Cherie and Lilith. Now taking a step as we both walked boldly. Our steps in sync as we held our heads up high. "Good morning, Ms. Florence!" A worker shouted. My mother giving them a small nod as we walked up to Cherie.

"Hello, dear," my mother said catching her attention. "H-hello, Ms. Florence," she said meekly. My mother chuckling as she pointed at the door. "Is Mr. Kurta free, I would like to talk about business topics," she explained.

Cherie pressed the mic and began to speak, "M-Mr. Kurta, Ms. Florence wishes to speak with you," she stuttered. After hearing mumbling from the other line she nodded her head. "He's free," she answered. Soon after the door had opened and his personal assistant exited the office.

"New face?" my mother whispered. I nodded my head and waited for her to enter first. I closed the door and stood in front of it. "Kurapika, my dear boy!" she exclaimed. Him faking a smile as she gives him a hug. "I'm here to talk about business matters, involving the company," she explained.

Motioning me forward as I kept my poker face. Keep it professional. He gave us a smile and closed his hands. "Well I first want to say-," A fist slamming onto the table as he jumped up. "Kurapika, I heard about the incident," she said darkly. He looked down and nodded his head.

"I'm disappointed in you," she scolded. Him looking like a child in trouble. "I also looked into your personal information," she explained. His body had tensed up. The awkward silence of the room making me feel uncomfortable. The swarming feeling of guilt and sadness as if I were in his shoes.

"I-," he said softly. Now staying quiet as he kept staring down at his lap. "Look at me," she ordered. He slowly raised his head up. The bangs covering his eyes as she had a closed smile. "Oh no, it looks like you need a haircut," she said sweetly. Her words hiding the hidden venom.

"A style like that, is especially not appropriate for a major figure in this business," she explained. Now reaching forward and grabbing his long locks. "I expect to see you with shorter hair tomorrow morning," she said blankly.

"Anyways, your personal information is quite, interesting," she said slowly. "I won't say anything about your childhood, but I will talk about your life in York New," she said reassuringly. Mother can always trick people. Making them feel relief and then guilt and fear.

Messing with peoples emotions. Kurapika staying silent as she leans back in her chair. Tucking her foot behind her ankle. "After leaving the Florence residence, you took over my friendly rival's company," she explained. "Where you met Miss Layla Quince," she said sourly.