Ch.43

"I'm here to pick up my stuff, nothing more," I replied. Now grabbing the pile and stuffing them in a bag. I sat back down and continued folding the rest. "Y/n, I'm sorry," he whispered. I tightened my fist and abruptly stood up.

He stared at me with wide eyes. "Stop saying that," I growled. He looked hurt for a second and quickly changed his expression. "Stop saying what," he said confused. "Stop saying you're sorry, it happened and that was your fault," I said annoyed.

"If you actually loved me you wouldn't continue to hurt me!" I shouted. My heart beating fast as I took in a deep breath. "Just let me go," I whispered softly. My voice cracking as I loosen my grip on the clothes.

"Why can't you let me be?" I asked. "Because I love yo-,"

"No you don't!"

I turned around and stared at the closet door. "It's like you're always guarding me, from what, I'm not yours," I said calmly. I looked at the empty closet and grabbed the bag beside me. "We we're together, but maybe we're destined to be separated," I mumbled lowly.

He shook his head and grabbed my wrist. The contact making me feel pity and anger. "Let me go," I cried. "I won't," he said softly. "See, this is why you'll never love me, and I'll never love you." My words causing him to let go as he held his chest. As if my words had pierced his heart.

"Goodnight, Mr. Kurta," I said formally. Now bowing as I exit the bedroom. My heels clicking as I walk downstairs. "Goodnight, Y/n." I stopped and turned around, looking up at the top. Kurapika standing there as I stared blankly.

"How informal," I hissed. Making him feel ashamed as I turn around and storm out of the house. Grabbing my spare keys and throwing them back inside. I wont be needing that.

I walked out of the building and stopped abruptly. Now groaning as I rubbed my temples. Now I have to call my driver, who's probably asleep by now. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. After exhaling I walked to the right. The busy sidewalks of the city of Yorknew bringing me comfort.

At least it's not dark. I smiled after seeing groups and couples pass by. Their smiles and laughter bringing me joy as I began to bounce with every step. I noticed the supermarket and decided to buy a snack. Maybe Pits working, I haven't seen him, it'll be nice to talk.

I entered and headed towards the isle with my favorite snack. I scanned the line up products and smiled after finding it. My mouth already drooling as I imagined the taste. I blinked and chuckled to myself. I need to stop zoning out. Tomorrow's a busy day, I'll have to buy something. And interact with people.

The stress making me nauseous as I finally walked up to the cashier. The young woman smiled as I placed it down. "Excuse me, is Pit here?" I asked. She scanned it and placed it back down. "Yeah, he's here," she replied. I thanked her and looked at the staff only sign.

"Are you closing soon?" She looked up and nodded her head. "We're closing in a couple of minutes, you can stay here for a while," she said warmly. I gave her a nod and walked up to the small benched near the exit.

I need to start going to bed early. I yawned and rested my head on my palm. I closed my eyes and sighed. I felt tapping and fluttered them open. I looked up and smiled. "Hey," I said tiredly. "It's been awhile," he said sweetly. "More like a century," I said jokingly.

"Let's continue talking outside," he suggested. I stood up and felt the cool air hitting my warm body. I followed him out and continued walking on the sidewalk. The people chatting as they pass by. "What have you been up to," I asked nervously. He laughed and gave me a small pat.

"Work like usual, but if its outside of work, I've been at home bored," he replied. "What about you?" He said sweetly. The aura around him making me feel secure. "Work, outside of work, I've been hopping around," he smiled and continued the conversation.

"Yeah, he said if I can't open a jar of pickles I won't be able to do anything," he explained. I tried to contain myself but my giggling fit continued. "Sounds like really 'good' advice," my heavily sarcastic response causing him to snort. I widened my eyes and looked at his flustered face.

"It's fine bro, let it all out," I whispered. He shook his head and rubbed his jaw. "I've been smiling the whole time, my mouth is starting to hurt," he stated. I felt soreness as I rubbed the corners of my mouth. "I can feel it too." I looked at the building and stopped. Pit slowly stopping after seeing me pause.

"It's my stop," I said sadly. He looked up and then back down. "Wow," he said surprised. "What?" I looked up the building but found nothing interesting. "Good thing you stopped, I would of walked passed it," he said jokingly. I pointed at the entrance and back at him. "You live here?!" I said surprised.

The underlying feeling of excitement upon my discovery. "Yeah," he said unfazed. He walked passed me and made his way towards the entrance. I quickly ran up to him and followed him towards the elevator. "It's awfully late Mrs. Kurta," the front desk now giving me a smile. "Busy day I guess," I replied.

The elevator doors closing as I waved a goodbye. "There's a ball tomorrow, I was wondering if you were going to be there." He placed a finger in his chin now crossing his arms he stared at the floor. His deep thinking making me feel anxious. I'll be lonely, probably hanging around the snack bar.

"I'll go, even though it's last minute," he answered. The elevator doors opened and he frowned. "It's my floor, I'll see you tomorrow then!" he exclaimed. I waved as he walked away. Before the doors had closed he turned around and winked. The small gesture causing me to chuckle.

"What a weirdo," I whispered. The elevator doors opening again as I quickly walked towards the door. I brought out my spare keys and unlocked it. The house sounding quiet except the occasional fire alarm beeps. I walked upstairs and winced in pain. My feet feeling sore from the heels and walking.

I entered my bedroom and slipped off my heels. The feeling of relief causing me to sigh in bliss. I took off my formal attire and felt like my body was able to breath. I pulled out comfortable sleep wear and slipped it on. After brushing my teeth and washing my face I yawned.

Throwing myself onto the bed as I felt like my eyes were sinking in. The pain of sleep deprivation was annoying. But I learned to deal with it. I wonder how everyone will look. Stupid Kurapika wanted 'Masquerade ball' who even does that. It sounds cliche. I wonder what I'll wear.

Ballgown? Modern gown?

I could this as an advantage to be a princess for the night. Who doesn't want to feel like a princess. Dancing the night away as an orchestra plays a beautiful  melody. I should be taking advantage of this. Live out my childhood dreams. Heck, I'll probably find a prince.

My thoughts making me more excited as I rolled over to my side. The covers bringing me warmth as I sulked. Now I cant sleep. I looked forward and rubbed my eyes. "Stupid thinking," I whispered. My mothers snores now louder as I covered my ears.

I pulled the covers over my head and closed my eyes. The smell of detergent mixed with lavender calming me. Why is it always lavender. I tried to count sheep, count to 100, recite the alphabet, make up a story in my head, reading, listening to some ambiance, everything.

The sound of the still awake city now louder as I snuggled in my bed. The cars zooming by mixed with the sound of wind and people talking mixed as one. It was comforting. And it was also calming. "Goodnight, mother," I whispered.

"Goodnight, Killua, Gon, Leorio, Pit, Lilith, Cherie, Kurapika..." my words now mumbling as I drifted into a deep slumber.