Ch. 31

KURAPIKA POV

"Okay, all you guys have to do. Is grab this stack of paper," I explained. The two boys sitting in front of my desk, now nodding their heads. "Then, you simply hand it to my assistant," I said slowly. Gon raised his hand. I stared dumbfound and rubbed my temples.

"What is it Gon?" I said tiredly. "Who's your assistant?" He asked. I took in a deep breath and looked at Killua. "The person I introduced, outside my office," I answered. He stayed silent and stared at me, still waiting for a name. "Cherie," I mumbled. "Oh yeah!" He shouted.

Killua smacked Gon and began to scold him. "Gon, you're irritating Kurapika," he growled. I'm too tired to deal with this. I sat back down and began to type in my speech. "Kurapika," I looked up at Killua and mumbled a, "Yes."

"Can I go to the bathroom?"

"Yes, and,"

"Take Gon with you."

Y/N POV
The phone rang and I answered it, "Mrs. Kurta speaking." I heard a groan and rolled my eyes. "Yes," I answered. "Did you forget to come by?" He asked. I hanged up and brushed my hair. I smoothed out my skirt and fixed my posture. I opened my office doors and stared at the workers. Now walking around boldly as the workers stared at me.

People really can't mind their own business. Soon after the whispering had started. Their loud almost pressuring whispers making me feel uncomfortable.

"Isn't that Mrs. Kurta?"

"Oh it's the little Kid,"

"She's so basic,"

"Who knew the boss was into young girls,"

"This child is seriously above me,"

"I heard she didn't even attend college,"

"I would of been the better choice,"

"Someone as dashing as the boss, ended up with...that,"

"He'll probably leave her, I would of,"

I felt pressured and quickened my pace. I came up to his assistant and gave her a smile. "Hello, Cherie," I said sweetly, now catching her attention. "Hello, Mrs. Kurta," she answered. "Can you inform Mr. Kurta, of my arrival," she nodded her head and pressed a button.

"Mr. Kurta, your spouse has arrived," she said clearly. There was mumbling on the other line, "Yes, sir." She let go of the mic and pointed at the door. "You may enter." I smiled and walked inside. He stood there and gave me a smile. "Sit," he said sweetly.

I sat down in front of him and tuck my foot behind my ankle. Always sit professional, just like mother taught me. "What is it, Mr. Kurta?" I asked. He typed in his keyboard and pointed at his screen. A picture of a young girl showed up. She looked to be a year or two older then me. "What am I looking at?" I questioned.

"You're looking at my personal assistant," he explained. "Oh, so Cherie is just your executive assistant?" I said confused. He nodded his head and stood up from his chair. The chill office giving me goosebumps. Now walking around his desk he reached his hand out.

"I just wanted to let you know, incase you see any new faces," he added. He pulled me up from the chair and walked me towards the door. "Oh, well that's nice," I said nervously. He held my shoulders and opened the door. He pushed me out of the office. "Okay, now continue working," he said blankly.

Before I could reply the door closed. Cherie stared wide eyed. I turned around and
she quickly looked away. Now typing into her computer. Awkward. I give her a small wave and walk back towards my office. The clicking of my heels making me self aware. What was that, did I do something wrong?

I could be over analyzing. I looked back up and felt someone crash into me. My chest feeling a dying of pain as I fell down. I quickly closed my legs and looked up. "Oh," I said surprised. Killua stared wide eyed and began to sweat. The sound of people muttering now catching my attention.

Gon picked me up and whispered into my ear. "Their staring, let's go inside your office." I nodded my head and stood back up. Killua had run off to get napkins. I looked down at my coffee stained blouse. Soon Gon held my hands as if they were delicate petals.

He guided me to my office and shielded me. The feeling of the employees eyes staring into my soul. "Oh Mrs. Kurta!" Lilith said alarmed. She looked at my house and quickly turned around in her chair. She looked at her lower filing cabinet.

She pulled out a black blouse and handed it to Gon. "Take this," she said warmly. I thanked her and walked inside my office. Gon stayed outside as I began to change. The size of the blouse just right as I felt the silky material. I'll have to ask where she bought it.

I heard knocking and sat back at my desk. "Mrs, Kurta, may they enter?" Lilith asked. I pressed the mic and talked into it, "Yes, they may." I let go and heard the door open. Killua walked in with his head hung low. Gon walking beside him as they take a seat.

"I'm so sorry," he mumbled. I chuckled and looked at my vase of lavender. "It's fine, Killua," I whispered. The only sound being clock ticking every second. "But I made people stare at yo-," I cut him off and held my hand up. I placed it on my chest and gave him a closed eyed smile.

"I forgive you, besides...," I said calmly. And walked up to the vase. I took a whiff and let out a sigh. "It's rather boring here, let them have something to think about," I finished. Killua finally looked up, his eyes shining as he nodded his head.

"I'll go help Kurapika, you can stay here Killua," Gon stated. He smiled and exited the office. The sound of the door closing had caused this peaceful silence. "Y/n," Killua muttered. I took one last sniff and sat back down. "Yes, Killua," I said tiredly. Now looking at my stack of paper for the day.

He reached towards me and held my hand. As if it were fine china, as if it were the most fragile item. I felt this feeling deep down. It was almost non existent. The feeling of nervousness, anxiousness, and fluttering. He stared straight into my eyes.

His piercing blue orbs looking like sapphires. Compared to mine, I looked basic. "Killua, what's with this?" I asked and gesture towards our connected hands. "Do I have a chance?, please tell me," his voice sounding light. Like froth on a milkshake.

Sounding sweet. I stared confused. My mouth now open as I stayed engraved in his eyes. "Killua," I said softly. He looked down and placed my hand down gently. "I already know the answer, but I just had this lingering question," he explained. He stood up from his seat and leaned towards me.

I looked up and kept staring into his eyes. He placed his finger on my chin. Now keeping my head up. "Y/n," he said calmly. He looked down at my lips and looked back up into my eyes. "Would you stop me, if closed the gap between us...if I brushed my lips against yours?" He said longingly.

I stopped breathing and felt my cheeks heat up. I then placed my hands on his cheeks and leaned towards him.