Ch.19

GON POV
I looked at my friend who was curled on the bed. I walked up to him and patted his back gently. I stayed silent and listened to his slow breathing.

"Gon...Can I ask you something?" Killua said quietly. I nodded my head and realized he couldn't see it. "Sure," I said sweetly. He turned around now laying on his back as he stared at the ceiling.

"DONT make fun of me," he snarled. I shrugged my shoulders and leaned my back against the head board. "Do you think Y/n likes me...I'm being serious," he asked. I laughed and rolled on the bed.

"Of course she likes you, she's our friend, duh!" I took a deep breath and looked at Killua. His eyes looked dull as he snapped out his state. "Not like that stupid!" He yelled and bonked me on the head.

I sulked and rubbed the area, "Be more specific then!" I shouted. He chuckled and looked at the door. Y/n stood there in the doorway. "I told Kurapika, just like you asked!" She beamed.

She noticed Killua and walked up to him. "Hey Gon, can you give us some time alone for a sec?" She asked. I got up from the bed and exited the room.

Y/N POV
"Killua..." I hushed and tried to get the males attention. He looked at me with vulnerability in his eyes. I took the spot next to him and looked at my hands. "We need to talk about what happened earlier," I stated.

He nodded his head and looked at the painting in front of us. "I'm sorry for doing that, Y/n," he whispered lowly. I waved my hand and laughed trying to make the mood less awkward. "It's fine," I said reassuringly.

"You know people and their hormones, it's alright." I said lightly. He gave me a smile that I longed to see. It wasn't forced like earlier but was genuine. "Y/N, can I ask you a question?" He said calmly.

I nodded my head and scooted closer. "I really li-" he was cut off by the bedroom door opening. "Y/N, are you going to make dinner soon?" Kurapika asked. "Wait a sec, Killua was asking me a question,"

I looked back at my friend and gave him a smile. "Sorry, please continue Killua," I said apologetic. Kurapika grumbled and left the room. "It was nothing!" He lied. I furrow my brows and jump off the bed.

I close the bedroom door and sit back down. "Don't lie Killua, please," I pleaded. He nodded his head and continued. "I just wanted to say..." He paused and gave me a sincere smile.

"I really like ChocoRobo-kun Chocolate balls," He finished. I smacked him lightly on the head and got off. "Okay, I'll go help Gon with dinner!" I yelled and closed the door behind me.

KILLUA POV
Technically I didn't lie to her. I let out a loud sigh and rolled off the comfortable bed. I grabbed the covers and wrapped myself up. I waddled out of the bedroom and made my way to the living room.

I looked down at the steps and hopped down one at a time. Gon noticed me and lightly nudged Y/N. "Why do you look like a burrito?" Y/N questioned. "Should I be concerned?"

She was then interrupted by Gon screaming at the oven. "Y/N, THE OVENS MAKING NOISE!" She reached up and turned off the air conditioner. "Oh, sorry." I shook my head and sat down at the table. Kurapika was sitting in front of me and gave me a slight smile.

Cant things return to how they were? Everything is so awkward. "Kurapika, Gon flung a piece of chicken near my EYEBALL!" Y/N growled. Gon shrugged his shoulders and acted as if he did nothing.

"No I did not, I threw a piece of chicken near your eyelash, there's a difference!" He said sweetly. Kurapika rolled his eyes and rubbed his temples. "Just play the fricken quiet game, please" he groaned. I laid my head on my arms and stared at the two idiots.

We should do something, it's getting boring inside this place. "Hey guys, we should do something later," I suggested and the two came running towards me like excited children. "Yeah, what's should we do!" Gon said excited.

Y/n nodded her head and their eyes sparkled. "There's a fair nearby, we should go there?" I answered. Kurapika stood up and shook his head. The three of us gave him a pout and crossed our arms.

"Nope, we're not doing that...Today," He continued and gave us a smile. "Let's do it tomorrow, then we can get ready and stay longer." After he finished explaining. We all agreed and decided to go to bed early.

I tried to waddle up the stairs but realized it was too much work. Y/N stopped halfway and squatted. She grabbed my hand and threw me onto her back. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, STUPID!" I yelled feeling my cheeks heat up.

"What do you think I'm doing?" She laughed and walked up the stairs. "You were probably going to sleep on the stairs, if I didn't do anything." I stopped and realized that I was going to do that.

"I mean it doesn't bother m-," She threw me down and walked away. "Goodnight," she entered and closed her bedroom door. I laid there in shock. Kurapika walked past me and waved his hand above me. "Are you dead?" He asked.

I shook my head and waddled to the guest bedroom. I looked back and saw the male enter the same bedroom door. I should just forget about it. I mean they sleep in the same room I have no chance.

Y/N POV
"Kurapika, can I talk to you about something?" I said calmly. My tone turning more serious as I change into my sleepwear. Kurapika knocks on the bathroom door and begins talking. "Tell me when you're done."

I slip on my fuzzy socks and exit the bathroom. Kurapika laid on the left of the bed. His back leaned against the bed frame as he read a book. I got under the covers and looked down at his book.

"What are you reading?" I asked and read one of the lines. "It's a book about these choir boys who get stranded on an island," he explained. I thought about his words. "That sounds like Lord of the Flies?" I said softly and remembered the events in the book.

I grabbed it and placed it down onto the desk. "It's rather sad...," I realized how I was overreacting and quickly faked a smile. "Okay, anyways!" I said grabbing the males attention. "I've been sensing that you and Killua are uneasy...am I right?"

Kurapika shook his head and turned off his reading light. "Nope everything is going well, I'm just happy their here," he responded. I held onto his arm and looked into his eyes. "Kurapika, please tell me if something is bothering you, the truth."

I begged. He grabbed both of my hands and held them rubbing his thump on my palm soothingly. "Nothing is bothering me, now go to bed." He stated. I nodded my head and faced my back towards him. Why do I get this feeling like everyone is hiding something from me.