Ch.3 Note

Y/N POV

"Hey Kurapika or should I call you Kurta?" I walked down the stairs and did a small twirl when I had made it down. A couple of seconds later the older blonde had walked past me inside the kitchen.

"Kurapika is fine" I nodded my head and skipped over to the bathroom. I flipped the light on and grabbed my toothbrush at the sink.

The sound of the faucet getting turned on made me sigh in bliss. It might be weird to like that noise but it's just so soothing to my ears. I brushed my teeth and looked at the tooth that I had pulled out last week.

The gap making me giggle as I stuck my tongue through the space. "Y/N what are you doing?" I quickly placed my toothbrush down and turned off the water. The door had swung open and the blonde stood at the door way.

"Kurapika...What if I was taking a potty?" I walked past the blonde who had a faint tint of pink. I giggled and smelled the kitchen air. The smell of eggs and bacon wrapped around my nose as I sighed.

"Kurapika do you know how to cook?" He rushed towards the pan and nodded his head as he placed the hot food onto a small plate. I opened the refrigerator and pulled out a carton of orange juice.

Kurapika was staring at me as he waited for his egg to cook a bit more. I felt my inner self strive at this and tried to impress the blonde who was intrigued by my movement. I

looked up at the shelf and stood up on my tippy toes as I reached out towards a small glass. I began to freak out as a wave of embarrassment caused me to tip the glass over towards my face.

I frantically waved my arms around and closed my eyes as I waited for the impact. The sound of the glass getting held startled me as I slowly opened one of my eyes. "There is no need to be scared"

Kurapika patted my head as I saw the small glass in his hand. He smiled and poured the juice inside two wine glasses. I tried to contain my laughter as I watched him swiftly take everything away into the dining room.

I pulled a chair out as I took the seat beside him. "Your mother left a note" I grabbed the fork beside me as I stabbed the egg on my plate. The sound of the fork scraping against the plate was much more bearable then my mothers notes.

"What did she say?" I placed the egg inside my mouth as I waited for him to speak up. "She has gone back to work abroad..." I looked at Kurapika and gave him a smile as I felt his state of pity.

I shrugged my shoulders and placed another piece of egg inside my mouth once again. "It's fine...I'm used to it" I grabbed a piece of bacon and took a small nibble as my appetite had gone away from the news.

I stood up and heard the sound of the chair scraping against the floor as I walked away towards the stairs. Kurapika stood up and followed me as I made it up the first three steps.

"I'm not so hungry anymore...I'll be in my bedroom if you need me" My voice shaking as I ran up the steps. I heard the sound of footsteps following me as I ran to my bedroom.

I flung the door open and jumped onto my bed as I covered myself with my bed sheets. I heard heavy breathing as I closed my eyes tightly "Y/N...I know how you feel"

I shook my head as I covered my small ears trying to block out his voice. Weight had caused my bed to sink a bit as the covers were pried off of my head.

"She always leaves...but it's fine" Kurapika had wrapped his arms around me and I returned it...feeling better. How can you relate to this...I sniffled and felt the soft sensation of a tissue getting placed in front of my nose.

"Blow into it" I nodded my head as I blowed my nose. He grabbed it and threw it inside the nearby trash can. "Thank you oniisan" I quickly covered my mouth as I felt my face heat up.

Kurapika let out a laugh as she shook his head. He patted my head "It's alright to call me that" I nodded my head as I looked out my bedroom window. Kurapika noticed that I was looking outside and pointed out the two kids playing.

"Do you know them?" I nodded my head as I looked at the two chasing each other. My heart feeling a burning sensation as I felt the urge to go play with them. "We can go play with them...if you want"

I quickly stood up and threw on simple green overalls with a brown and white striped sweater. Kurapika laughed as he slipped on a simple blue sweater and a pair of white shorts.

I ran up to him as I placed both of his hands into mine and brought them to was my chest. "Thank you oniisan!" He walked out the room as I followed him down to the kitchen. "What should we bring?"

Kurapika held an apple and a orange in his hands as he looked at the two in thought. I pointed at the apple in his palm "Apples it is!" He sliced them into thin sheets and placed them on a plastic plate.

I grabbed a slice but my hand was smacked down onto the plate. "Not yet, wait until I'm finished" I nodded my head as I walked away from the kitchen. My shoes clicking against the floor as I walked into a circle.

Its not fair! I wanted an apple slice... "okay, ready to go play with your friends!" Kurapika opens the front door as we both walked down the steps of the house.

I ran into the street as I saw the two boys playing Rock Paper Scissors. "GON!" I yelled out as I excitedly waved my arm around. The young boy had noticed my figure and had ran up to me.

"Y/N it's nice to see you again!" I gave him a hug as he returned it. I looked at Killua as I gave him a small wave. He nodded his head and looked past me and arched his brow.

Gon had looked at where Killua was staring at and squinted his eyes. "Y/N do you know who that is?" Killua stood up and grabbed my shoulder as he pointed at the blonde walking towards us.

I smiled and clasped my hands together as I nodded my head. "Yup!" Kurapika waved and handed me the plate of apple slices. "Hello I'm Kurapika Kurta...pleased to met you"

he did a small bow and gave the two boys a closed eyed smile. Killua let out a laugh as he waved his arms around "No need for the formalities"

I felt a deep sinking feeling as I noticed how open Killua was towards Kurapika. "You'll have to get used to it" I looked at Killua and let out a giggle.

He stayed silent and stared at Gon as I felt the thick feeling of awkwardness in the air. "Thanks for the apples!" Gon grabbed a slice from the plate and I scratched my arm in embarrassment.

Kurapika cleared his throat and pointed at a nearby playground. "How about we try the new playground?" I nodded my head and everyone else agreed to try it out.

I looked down at the black street as I felt the unwelcome presence of silence. I heard the sounds of wood chips making contact with my shoes as I looked up from the ground.

Gon had ran towards the slide and grabbed the railing and leaned towards it. "Y/N let's try the slide!" Kurapika had sat down at the nearby bench and let out a sigh as he watched us play.

"I'll meet you on the slide Gon...I just have to talk to Killua!" Killua widened his yes as I pulled him towards the tree that was giving the place some shade. "Why do you treat me differently?"